Confession of a former ninja...

Options
Hi peeps. As my MFP pals know I've been going through some stress with buying a new house and have been stress eating like crazy. The only thing is, I've been over eating and drinking for weeks, maybe a few months now, and it shows. My clothes have been getting tighter and my shoulders rounder, tummy puffier, and thighs more thunderous. I have been working out, some weeks more than others, but it's no match for me shoveling my big fat mouth with food and drinks. I started telling myself, "I'll keep working out, but start paying attention to my diet after we move". I'm sorry, but that's just not going to work. Last night after my workout I went out with Honey and my little one. I was actually craving a salad, so I had one with dressing on the side. And a martini. Oh, yeah, and an order of fries on the side! What the hell was that for??? After we got home I was so full, and was sitting on the couch with my big bloated belly. There was a time not long ago that my belly didn't have rolls! I was fit and lean, a ninja machine! It was right then that I had "that feeling". You know the one, where you realize you are ready to get your head in the game and get your *kitten* together and get down to business. I started off by getting on the scale this morning for the first time in months. It's funny because I suppose I know my body pretty well. I was only a half pound off in my estimate of how much I had gained. Ready? 16.5 pounds. That's right. 16.5. That's more than 15. So, here we go. Again. After a very active day and healthy food I already feel better. It's almost like a relief that I have a goal again. So, please feel free to keep me accountable. Weigh in day will be Saturday morning. Ready. Set. Go.

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Well lets go! Thunderous Thighs Lstnlondry right by your side! (Because at this moment, all I want to do is crack open a bottle & lose myself in calories after doing so. Maybe your post just stopped me.)
  • mayatiger
    mayatiger Posts: 45
    Options
    I love you Sugar!! I'm right here with you, ninja girl!! I've been slackin' and not weighing in and you've inspired me to get my *kitten* in gear also!!! Way to start out fresh on a SATURDAY!! That takes great ninja strength!!!