opinions about Acai

Options
What is your opinion of Acai berry juice?

Replies

• QtPiJJ
    QtPiJJ Posts: 23
    Options
    It's really good for you (according to my nutrition professor)... but it tastes awful. Very bitter. If you get it I would definitely cut it with another flavor of juice...
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    :love: I LOVE it...I used to buy the Pro X Acai Smoothie (160 cal for 10 oz bottle)...sadly I can never find it anymore!! I have yet to try anything with acai in it that I don't like...
  • jfilon
    jfilon Posts: 80
    Options
    It's very high in antioxidants. However, it isn't the miracle food these companies are making it out to be. Any diet should have be well-rounded in fruits, veggies, whole grains, and the right kinds of fats. That aside, I really like an all-fruit acai blend that jamba juice makes. Mhmmm.
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    I buy it from Costco, "Akai berry juice with Blueberries" and I think it tastes good. (It might be the cheapest way to pay for it too....) However, 8 oz is 140 cal, so I only dring 4 oz every morning. My family has a long history of cancer, so I try to consume lots of antioxidants. :drinker:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    There are these liquid caps on eBay that I got a while back. I haven't been sick once since I started taking it.

I don't think it's helping much with the weight loss though if that's what you were wondering about.
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use MonaVie and have noticed a huge difference in my overall health. Just 2 ounces in the morning and 2 ounces in the evening gives you 13 servings of fruit and vegetables. There is nothing like it and 33% of the acai berry is in one bottle along with 18 other powerful fruits. Where other products claim to be pure acai only MonaVie is and you can tell by the clean taste. I encourage you to check out these websites...
    www.brighart.com & www.monavie.com
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    it tastes good, is there anything else to know lol
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    just wanted to add my two cents....
    it is pronounced
    a sigh ee

i used to call it ak i