I said good bye to Facebook and said hello to MFP!

Options
mrsfurby14
mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
Cause It's drama! No one ever comments on my wall nor replay to my messages so why be on it, I don't think anyone will miss me. I like this site much better anyways. Who else has deleted facebook?
I hope I can stay away from it from here on out. I don't need that junk in my life any more.

Replies

• jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    I de-activated my facebook account a month or two ago. I think I am happier without it. I did not do the full delete, so I have the option of putting it back up.
  • mrsfurby14
    mrsfurby14 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yeah I didn't do the full delete either. Hoping I can stay off of it more than a week. This site will be my everyday . Glad to see i'm not the only one deleted it.
  • ReneeJ814
    ReneeJ814 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about deactivating mine. Nobody ever posts to my wall, comments on anything. I never hear from anybody. The only reason I keep mine is because I'm afraid that I will miss out on school stuff without it. People don't think they can function without Facebook anymore. Hasn't anybody ever heard of a phone call???
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Cause It's drama! No one ever comments on my wall nor replay to my messages so why be on it, I don't think anyone will miss me. I like this site much better anyways. Who else has deleted facebook?
    I hope I can stay away from it from here on out. I don't need that junk in my life any more.

EXACTLY!!!
  • missjojo31
    missjojo31 Posts: 150
    Options
    I only use facebook to play a game now, all i ever see on there is arguments, endless posts about how wonderful little babies are, and how loved up everyone is. lol
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    If nobody ever writes or responds to you, where is the drama coming from?

Edit: well, come to think of it, I probably don't get it, haha. I pretty much use FB to keep tabs on family that I never see; I don't have any social life to speak of!
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I still have FB. I'm not on MFP just as much as FB. I don't see much drama with my friends though, they're all pretty mellow people. I am only friends with people on FB that I know personally, as a way to keep in touch when life gets in the way of social fun. I don't know anyone on MFP on a personal level, which is good because the replies and help i get are honest and not sugar-coated which is what i need in order to keep my rear motivated lol
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I hate FB so much, I just wish it didn't exist it is like high school. I must admit though, I am addicted to the bs crap, just not as much as I used to be, thank God! I don't post anymore unless it is about my kids, and pics are only kid pics for the family. It is the only way they get to see them since the gparents all live long distance.
  • ilovesnugglies
    ilovesnugglies Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I still love facebook because it has allowed me to add so many long lost friends. I have moved all over the country so I have alot. However, I am almost as addicted to mfp as I am to fb.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    FB is evil. You think it is free but you are really selling your privacy. Nothing is free. Are you the customer or the product?
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I've kept my Facebook although I spend MUCH more time on here. Facebook helps keep my extensive family connected.
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    This is soooo funny because I was jut thinking the same thing. I still have both but I notice I am on MFP more that FB.
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I am on here as much as Facebook now, but no way I'm getting rid of it--but honestly, my Facebook friends I need because they understand me in ways people probably can't here.
  • MrsRipdizzle
    MrsRipdizzle Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I found MFP in July....completely deactivated facebook in august. Never looked back and don't miss it even a little bit! :D
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    FB and I are on a little break.
  • Jerzeybird
    Options
    Is there a way to chat in here like in FB...yes I have it and I'm keeping it. It is my only social life.:) But I have only very recently joined MFP and I like it but I'm still learning how to use it. And tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks And wish me luck..I have 100 pounds to lose..yikes..
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It's coming on a year now since I have deleted mine. I made a new one just to follow brands I like for news and coupons, but in no way do I interact with anybody I use to know. I prefer the strangers on mfp to the lousy friends I had in high school. :laugh:
  • SLAYERDAN69
    Options
    Alot of ppl use MFP just like FB......there is a ton of drama here as well. I deleted an account after getting unsolicited phone numbers and pictures and women wanting to send 100 messages a day. I like the online tools, and some of the chat is ok, but its as bad here as FB on many days. I really see no reason for a weight loss site to have a chit chat/fun stuff forum, i.e. rate the person above you stuff.....waste of internet space.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options

I deactivated my account at the end of March, I did miss it abit but now im using this site alot more and concentrating on my diet aswell as my home and social life more :)
    xxxx
  • nursedb
    nursedb Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Never on fb anymore...like it here sooo much better!