Calorie allowance seems too low !

Options
2»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

You should also consider changing your goal to 1lb a week. You really should not 'force' weight loss - its best to do it in a steady and healthy way.

Good luck

I have some serious blood pressure issues, I got two choices tablets or weight loss and exercise. I don't want tablets and my weight loss program I set myself failed on the whole. So I don't have the choice for relaxed weight loss.

I am not too knowedgable about high blood pressure, but I think high sodium is bad for it - so make sure your track your sodium also.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have some serious blood pressure issues, I got two choices tablets or weight loss and exercise. I don't want tablets and my weight loss program I set myself failed on the whole. So I don't have the choice for relaxed weight loss.

You can still improve your blood pressure by losing weight as a slower pace. Losing it quickly won't magically fix it either.

I'm the same height, slightly bigger (20lbs) and female. I'm losing consistently on 1673cals. Your body is telling you that it can't survive on 1200 calories. It's INSANE for a man to be eating that little. If you won't go to your TDEE at least go to 1500. 1200 is considered the minimum for a short woman. You are an average sized man. You NEED more fuel. Would you fill your truck up with half a tank every time?
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am not too knowedgable about high blood pressure, but I think high sodium is bad for it - so make sure your track your sodium also.

Yes it is but if you balance it with the right minerals like calcium,magnesium and potassium it not so bad. I do try for lower salt but I also take mineral supplements to help balance my body. MFP is fantastic for tracking you body intakes very 21st Century.
  • jasonnew
    jasonnew Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all I have been on this deit 5 days now, not done any exercise. My goal calorie intake is 1200, I have not managed it yet. I have had an 1800 day and yesterday 2100. the other days have been over by 100+ approx and yet I have lost 3 lbs this week.

I notice other people diarys have more calorie allowence. I started to get headaches from lowering my calories, ok today.
    I am still aiming for 1200 calories and I'm sure I'll do it before the week up.

At your current weight based on 12 cal per lb of weight you would need 2844 cal to maintain that weight doing no exercise so anything under that is a calorie deficit. 1200 is way to low. I agree with everyone 1 lb a week lose goal is better, give your body a chance to adjust itself slowly and your cravings for all the food it is use to a chance to subside. Drink lots of water water water!!!!
    Jason
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

You should also consider changing your goal to 1lb a week. You really should not 'force' weight loss - its best to do it in a steady and healthy way.

Good luck
    Okay. I can't stop myself from being nosy and honestly I may have issues doing this for myself, but I have never been wrong for other people. (we are our own worst critics). Yes, it is best to lose 2lbs per week in our heads, yours and mine, but eventually your body WILL plateau, If you continue at 1200 calories, which is below your body's needs, you will not only lose weight quickly the first two weeks, but you will lose MUSCLE, which is good weight. No one should have a goal to lose weight, but to burn fat..which is totally different. Not only will you lose muscle, but you will also stop losing weight entirely and may even gain some pounds after a few weeks. For example, I watch the biggest loser and one episode I just watched a guy overworked himself and burned 3,500 calories in a few hours one morning after working out all day and night the day before, so he did not gain weight and yet he didn't lose either. His body produced more fluids and saved more pounds to preserve itself because it felt threatened. Our body's have natural instincts for survival. Eventually it is best for you to eat your BMR which from what people said is around 1700 calories, or you will just hit a wall and quit losing weight, plus you will feel very hungry and tired. You may lose more than you expect anyways, even on more calories, because a lot of times when we change our exercise and diet to something healthier we lose tons of water weight that we had no idea we carried. Like the trainer Bob Harper says..You have to eat to lose weight!
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I change my setting to slighty actice, I now have 1360 calories daily allowance. That seems better.