JM 30 Day Shred + cardio = weight loss ?

Options
hello :) i'm just starting 30DS and today is my 3rd day. I'm looking for losing weight and inches so i've decided to do 30DS for 6-7 days a week + 30 minutes of tae bo cardio for 3-4 times a week.
my current weigh is 153 lbs,5'5 tall.
my question is have you lost weight by doing 30ds + cardio? or just inches?
thank you for answering :)

Replies

• usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 22 and I add in c25k last week and I walk over a mile up hill and back twice every school day (which gets the heart pumping|) I've lost about 7 lbs and three inches off waist (only measurement I succumbed to doing before 30days were up) I do do weights also at the gym (alas p90x style) that's twice a week.

The only thing I will say is lift heavier weights to keep as much lean muscle mass as possible, not just the 3lb ones that JM has you lifting, other than that good luck x
  • amy_marlene
    amy_marlene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 22 and I add in c25k last week and I walk over a mile up hill and back twice every school day (which gets the heart pumping|) I've lost about 7 lbs and three inches off waist (only measurement I succumbed to doing before 30days were up) I do do weights also at the gym (alas p90x style) that's twice a week.

The only thing I will say is lift heavier weights to keep as much lean muscle mass as possible, not just the 3lb ones that JM has you lifting, other than that good luck x
    thank you for answering :)
  • amy_marlene
    Options
    anybody's else experience?
    :)
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on level2 6th day. I have lost 2.5lb but looking to tone and get rid of inches xxx It is a great work out.... enjoy x
  • Leamac83
    Leamac83 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I normally do Level 2 or 3 of 30DS then i do a 40 minute run. I have lost a couple of pounds and can definitely see a change in my shape but i think i should probably be doing the cardio first then the 30DS. Im a bit unsure of what gets best results!?
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi I am on level2 6th day. I have lost 2.5lb but looking to tone and get rid of inches xxx It is a great work out.... enjoy x

oh I do Zumba 3 times a week too x
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Well when i actualy did the full 30days i didnt do anything else with it and over all by the end of the shred, i only lost 0.5lbs. But i defo lost in inches. Since i finished the 30 days i've been doing 30DS 3-4 times a week along with 1 or 2 days of cardio and i've lost about 8lbs although now i've stayed same for 3 weeks :/ So im gunna make some changes this week.
  • amy_marlene
    Options
    thank you for answering :) good luck everyone ! :)
  • amy_marlene
    Options
    Well when i actualy did the full 30days i didnt do anything else with it and over all by the end of the shred, i only lost 0.5lbs. But i defo lost in inches. Since i finished the 30 days i've been doing 30DS 3-4 times a week along with 1 or 2 days of cardio and i've lost about 8lbs although now i've stayed same for 3 weeks :/ So im gunna make some changes this week.
    8 lbs that's awesome ! :)
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    I did it for just over a week then I had to stop for a bit because I got I'll, but just from that I noticed a massive difference in my thighs already :)
  • amy_marlene
    Options
    I did it for just over a week then I had to stop for a bit because I got I'll, but just from that I noticed a massive difference in my thighs already :)
    that's great :))
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    8 lbs that's awesome ! :)
    Thank u :)
  • lollypop_ginger
    lollypop_ginger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I did it in January along with 30-60 minutes on my exercise bike almost every day and didn't lose any weight, but I did lose a total of 11 inches and when I finished I dropped a lot of weight in the couple of weeks after (4 and 5 pounds)
  • amy_marlene
    Options
    I did it in January along with 30-60 minutes on my exercise bike almost every day and didn't lose any weight, but I did lose a total of 11 inches and when I finished I dropped a lot of weight in the couple of weeks after (4 and 5 pounds)
    well 11 inches is amazing :D
  • dolphinsunshine
    Options
    When I started my weight loss journey last time I began with 30 day shred every other day, then after a few months varied this with 'banish fat boast metabolism' every other day to mix it up, also to avoid my body adapting too much and stop producing results. Once I had only about 10 lb to lose I then swapped these for 'no more trouble zones' and got ripped. I only worked out every other day as my muscles would ache so much the next day and needed to let them recover and repair. I am going to do the same again this time but I also have her yoga melt down and shred it with weights dvd so will throw these into the mix. I only use JM DVDs as they do produce results as they say on the sleeve if you follow what she tells you.to do, including nutritional and lifestyle advice and she is a product of her work. So many celebs bring out DVDs and a year later there 2 stone (28lb) heavier, whereas she's not.
    With JM DVDs, being active at work (walking around the office & talking loads LOL) and eating 1500 a day I lost 2 stone 2 lb (30lbs)., And I am aiming to do the same this time as after a stressful two years I gained unwanted lbs x
  • amy_marlene
    Options
    When I started my weight loss journey last time I began with 30 day shred every other day, then after a few months varied this with 'banish fat boast metabolism' every other day to mix it up, also to avoid my body adapting too much and stop producing results. Once I had only about 10 lb to lose I then swapped these for 'no more trouble zones' and got ripped. I only worked out every other day as my muscles would ache so much the next day and needed to let them recover and repair. I am going to do the same again this time but I also have her yoga melt down and shred it with weights dvd so will throw these into the mix. I only use JM DVDs as they do produce results as they say on the sleeve if you follow what she tells you.to do, including nutritional and lifestyle advice and she is a product of her work. So many celebs bring out DVDs and a year later there 2 stone (28lb) heavier, whereas she's not.
    With JM DVDs, being active at work (walking around the office & talking loads LOL) and eating 1500 a day I lost 2 stone 2 lb (30lbs)., And I am aiming to do the same this time as after a stressful two years I gained unwanted lbs x
    thank you for sharing your story :) good luck on your further weight loss :)
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 30 DS for 30 days and that is level 1, 2 and 3, I have done all levels everyday for 30days and only loss inches. So l have now changed it too doing only twice 30 DS and 60 minutes of jogging 7 days a week and now the weight is moving off me. I have done the change now for 3 days now and have lose 2 kgs so far.

So doing 30DS and cardio does work, but just 30DS on its own does not work for me.