Other people maintaining??

Options
2»

Replies

• Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for a little while now, eating between 1890 to around 2000 per day depending on training. Some days I'm hungry, some days I'm not but it all probably depends on what's going on. At this point I don't put too much thought into the scale unless I was to gain five pounds and stay there for a month or so. Make for sure you're eating lean proteins, high fiber, veggies and good fats. Also, I am someone that eats around 6 times a day and I swear by it...lol!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining since March 23, and have actually lost 5.4 lbs since then. I do feel my maintenance calories of 1760 isn't enough, but then it is my main motivation to exercise, so I can eat a little more.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I just switched to maintenance last week... 3000 - 3100 cals daily. I dropped 2 lbs on that! It's a weird thing. The first two days I was starving even though I'm eating a ton. Now I seem to be ok, I'm going to see what this next week brings for the weight though. I really don't know if I can eat much more, I'll reduce cardio as my next step.

-M
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I've been on maintenance for about 2 + weeks now. I work from my TDEE, so I don't eat back my exercise calories. However, I recently have been starving!! I'm doing NROL4W 3 days a week and running 3 days, and I think I'm just burning more, so I guess I'll have to play around a bit. Trying not to get too obsessive, lol.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    My goal when losing weight was 1 pound per week. I now have it set to a lower setting of 1/2 pound per week now that I'm at a stage of "I hit my goal weight, but wouldn't be terribly upset at keeping it that way or weighing a few pounds less". Having this lower weight goal setting made my calories go up between 200-300 more and it's a lot less overwhelming than the 500+ it adds to the maintain goal setting. My weight fluctuates only a little every week, but its stayed between 128-130 for 2 months now. I'm thinking of upping it soon though once I'm comfortable with a bit more calories! :smile:
  • aaaaaamy
    aaaaaamy Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm maintaining - found it shocking how quickly I went back to eating crap food now that I had enough calories to 'get away with it'! Now working on maintaining in a healthy, sustainable way, eating evenly throughout the day, etc.. which is very much a work in progress! Who knew such a simple thing could be so damn hard.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I got to my goal a few weeks ago, and have been on maintenance since then. I do think I'm more hi get now however I think it's mental! I also think I'm more worried about the scales a I'm worried I will start putting back on! I'd think that was normal at the start though til I prove to myself that I can do it!

Everyone feel free to add me :) we can help each other
  • NaomiWhite77
    NaomiWhite77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining for two months now. At first I was still losing, but I have been maintaining now. Kicked up the strength training and started running.
  • redbekah
    redbekah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you everyone for all the responses!! I came on-line to a lot of friend requests today. =)
    Today i have decided I WILL start eating more of my exercise calories and hopefully that will get rid of that hunger I'm feeling now. But that means 1800 at least today for me... that seems like so much! =/