Not feeling the pain anymore

When I started working out it didn't take much to feel sore the next day or 2. Now my workouts are longer, more intense, I mix it up, and increase the weight I'm lifting but don't feel it like I did at first. Is that ok? Am I just not pushing hard enough?

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    When I started working out it didn't take much to feel sore the next day or 2. Now my workouts are longer, more intense, I mix it up, and increase the weight I'm lifting but don't feel it like I did at first. Is that ok? Am I just not pushing hard enough?

I do a lot of running, I only ever get sore the next day if I have not run for a while due to injury or illness and then start training again.

Regarding weights, I have only ever felt sore the next day if I haven't trained with weights for quite a long time or I have upped the weight.

Generally, that "soreness" only usually happens when a person suddenly starts or reintroduces an activity. Once you get used to the workout/sport etc, that soreness does not occur.

This does not mean, however, that it is not working, so do not think that just because you are not sore, you are not working hard enough, because that is just not true.
  • phlower
    phlower Posts: 103
    It's normal to be sore at first, then as your endurance and strength builds up, it's normal for the soreness to go away. As long as you are still feeling stronger and seeing slow but sure results, you're doing great! If you hurt all the time, then it would be more likely you're doing something wrong. Great job on working out!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Soreness is not an indicator of progress.