comfort eating...

Options
Hi.

I am a uni student, wife and a part- time worker who is struggling to be motivated not to eat ALL THE TIME! I just can't seem to stop eating compulsively. My weight has been fluctuating as a result. I wish there was a magic pill that would turn off my constant need to stuff my mouth with food. Anyone going through the same experience?

Replies

• creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    hmm I believe they make supplements for that look on fitnessfirstusa.com and scroll through their catagories I think there is stuff to make you feel full all the time
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Have you tried keeping healthy stuff close to hand? Chop up some veggies and fruits in the morning and munch on them when you feel the need?
    Or only keep food that needs preparation to eat? I myself am much less likely to grab a snack if I have to peel/chop/cook/assemble the food first.
    The meals that you are eating, do they contain enough protein and fibre to keep you full up?
    Have you tried keeping a water bottle by you? If your focus is to drink as much water as possible throughout he day it can lower your appetite between meals.
    Even coffee can lower your appetite between meals.
  • creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Have you tried keeping healthy stuff close to hand? Chop up some veggies and fruits in the morning and munch on them when you feel the need?
    Or only keep food that needs preparation to eat? I myself am much less likely to grab a snack if I have to peel/chop/cook/assemble the food first.
    The meals that you are eating, do they contain enough protein and fibre to keep you full up?
    Have you tried keeping a water bottle by you? If your focus is to drink as much water as possible throughout he day it can lower your appetite between meals.

I second this
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options

^^ This is such great advice. I have a big appetite. I always have, even as a kid.

I work at a bakery so the temptation to snack (especially when there are offcuts or edible rejects) is very strong. I always have on hand some veges and fruit ready to eat and some almonds. Yoghurt occasionally. A tin of tuna. A hard-boiled egg. I always take a sandwich bag full of teabags. And I have gotten into the habit of drinking a lot of water (which incidentally I never log.)