How can I reduce sugar?

Options
Hanni
Hanni Posts: 158 Member
I seem to go over my sugar allowance every day. Thats absolutle EVERY single flipping day. Not only am I going over my sugar allowance set by MFP but I have also read that the guidline daily amount for adults should not be higher than 40g. And yes, I am over that as well. How you may ask? Am I scoffing Mars Bars and drink full fat coke? No.

My 100g organic yogurt for breakfast have already got 13g. I assume (hope!) that's from the fruit in it. Not that it makes much difference but I feel better if it comes from fruit rather than artificial... Anyway.

I proceed to my lunch wich is home made and includes a pack of chopped tomatoes with onion and basil... 19g sugar in those tomatoes !!! :noway:

My dinner, will consist of 2 veggie sausages and a mixed salad with a tiny bit of balsamic dressing (8g sugar) I mean come on... give me a break!:indifferent:

Is sugar = sugar =bad? or is it fruit/veg sugar = good, rest = bad? :huh:

I am 30g over my allowance (54g in total) for today. I have not had any juice drink or sweet.

How can I reduce my sugar intake? I thought I was doing really well until I saw the sugar figures the last few days.

Please help and give me some advise.

Fruit and vegetables belongs to a healthy diet and I will not go without it. But how come then it is so high in sugar?? :frown:

Replies

• BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    I have the same problem with sugar.

I eat alot of fruit and veggies that contain natural sugar in them so what I do is I try to keep my carbs under and avoid artificial sweetners.
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the sugars that come natually with fruits and veg. It's the processed stuff that will cause you problems.
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    yes that's what I thought but then i have heard many different opinions about that. And if fruit sugar doesnt count, then why does MFP include it in the diary? :frown: