My friend died ... :(

Options
Im overseas in the UK and found out yesterday that a good friend in Australia drowned L
Im trying to not resort to emotional eating but it is tough! I feel so useless being so far away and being unable to help, or go to the funeral or anything .

Replies

• soggysox
    soggysox Posts: 18
    Options
    {{{{hugs}}}}} poor you (poor friend)... keep strong
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that :(:flowerforyou: It will be difficult for a while but stay strong and try not to give in hugs
  • Hanni
    Hanni Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear. Stay strong xx :flowerforyou:
  • ConstantRollercoaster
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss, I'm in the UK too, and have relatives in Oz so I can kinda relate to what you're going through.

You could always plant a tree/shrub/plant in her memory in your garden - just an idea.
    Try not to comfort eat, just remember all the good times, what she was like, her likes and dislikes etc, how you met - you know the kinda thing.

I find painting helps me to avoid comfort eating, maybe you can do something to steer clear of the kitchen?

Thinking of you, and yours in this sad time :cry:
    Jackie
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. I know what going through. I lost my best friend 7 yaers ago. She was only 36. I miss her more than I can say. Keep the faith. Have a good cry, say a prayer and walk til you can't walk any longer. It won't take away the pain but it might take a weight of your shoulders. That's how it felt to me when I did it: