Heart Rate Monitor Question for Women

Options
I have a heart rate monitor and it works great, except when I do jumping jacks. It goes way down to like 60 and the will 00 out. When I stop and continue other exercises that do not require jumping it goes back up to 120 or higher depending on the exercise.

I am not sure if it is my boobs getting in the way (I am large chested) or if my chest strap isn't tight enough and moves around. I works fine when I jog/run on the treadmill and that has me moving somewhat up and down.

Any one else have this issue or know what I can do for this not to happen?

Thanks.

Replies

• kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when I'm running. I get sweaty and the strap slips. I imagine as you're jumping the strap is moving and can't give an accurate read because it is unable to maintain a good connection.
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    With higher impact stuff it's important to be sure your strap is tight enough. I tighten mine and then tuck it underneath my sports bra and have no problems. Be sure there's a good, constant connection to your skin and you shouldn't have issues.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I would imagine it's the up-and-down movement of your arms during the jumping jacks! Like others said, tighten it and wear it under your bra...that'll hold it in place! :)
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    What all of the above have said! :smile:
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My polar heart rate monitor would 00 out sometimes until I started using buh bump gel on my chest strap.