strawberries

curvykim78
curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
I have a ton of strawberries...does anyone have any healthy recipes or smoothiesrecipes I can use them in?

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/546741-crustless-strawberry-pie?hl=strawberry+pie#posts-7829382

that one wasn't bad

err smoothie recipe? strawberries + greek yogurt + some lemonade(crystal light works)=easy peasy
  • I like to finely chop them and mix them in my oatmeal:

1/2 c. quick oats
    1/4 c. egg whites
    3/4 c. water
    2 tsp. brown sugar
    A few finely chopped strawberries
    Cook 1 min, stir. Cook one more minute, enjoy!

Doesn't use a lot of strawberries, but it's another way to incorporate them in.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Who needs a recipe for strawberries?? IMO they are perfect just the way they are! I :heart: :heart: :heart: strawberries!
  • i agree
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    You can freeze them in small portions, and then add them to smoothies or oatmeal later on.
  • cwilli36
    cwilli36 Posts: 45 Member
    Yep they don't stick around long enough for me to put them in a recipe...lol I eat them!
  • curvykim78
    Who needs a recipe for strawberries?? IMO they are perfect just the way they are! I :heart: :heart: :heart: strawberries!

I love them too.....but I'm just in the mood for something different. :)
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    mmm i agree
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    I am having strawberries on my bagel this morning. Love them love them.
  • floshideaway
    floshideaway Posts: 101 Member
    Make sugar free freezer jam it is awesome and super easy all you need is Splenda and "Balls NO COOK fruit pectin" both available at any grocery store. I make lots of it in the spring and enjoy it year around.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Also, try them in a spinach salad.
  • quiltbugj
    quiltbugj Posts: 89 Member
    IF you place them on a cookie sheet, in a single layer and then put them in the freezer for a few hours, you can then put them in a ziplock back and they won't stick together!
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    I eat lots of strawberries! Smoothies, on salads, plain or just out of the freezer as a snack!
    If you are tired of them, just put them in the freezer til you are ready for them again, they will keep :o) just don't let them go to waste!!!!!!!
  • curvykim78
    IF you place them on a cookie sheet, in a single layer and then put them in the freezer for a few hours, you can then put them in a ziplock back and they won't stick together!

Do you eat them later or do they turn to mush once you thaw them out?
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    I toss them into smoothies a cup at a time and add spinach, blueberries, bananas and other good stuff.
  • curvykim78
    I toss them into smoothies a cup at a time and add spinach, blueberries, bananas and other good stuff.

Do you taste the spinach at all?
  • http://www.ambrosiabaking.com/2011/07/strawberry-lassi.html

^this looks delicious. You should definitely make it.

Ingredients:
    1 pound fresh strawberries trimmed and halved
    1/2 cup of honey
    pinch of salt
    2 cups plain greek yogurt
    1 cup crushed ice

1. Put the honey, strawberries, and salt in a blender. Puree until strawberries are smooth.
    2. Add greek yogurt and blend until smooth. Repeat with ice.
    3. serve immediately with whipped cream or whole strawberries.
  • jennylppp
    jennylppp Posts: 11
    i love strawberries in everything, cereal, oatmeal, salads, smoothies... but my favorite is with a little cream cheese mixture. i use laughing cow cream cheese triangles, but you can use any low fat cream cheese (2 TBSP for about 3 large strawberries), mix it with a few drops of vanilla extract and 1 packet of splenda, then just spread it on the strawberries... its awesome! taste like strawberry cheesecake!!
  • curvykim78
    I wonder about a strawberry oatmeal smoothie....
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Theres a recipe for strawberry "ice cream" on thegraciouspantry.com