Help.......

Options
It doesn't make sense to me but I have to ask so that I understand this correctly. I rollerbladed and burned 1000 calories. My daily goal of eating is 1600. My food tracker added those calories I burned and said that I earned an extra 1000 calories for today....ummm, shouldn't I still eat only 1600 and not 2600?? I'm confused. Any help would be great! Thank you so much:-)

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make sense to me but I have to ask so that I understand this correctly. I rollerbladed and burned 1000 calories. My daily goal of eating is 1600. My food tracker added those calories I burned and said that I earned an extra 1000 calories for today....ummm, shouldn't I still eat only 1600 and not 2600?? I'm confused. Any help would be great! Thank you so much:-)

MFP works out your calories WITHOUT EXERCISE and creates a defict - lets say a defict of 500 to lose 1lb a week

if you exercise, and burn 1000 calories, you have now made a defict of 1500.

MFP assumes when you said you wanted to lose 1lb per week, you meant it, so tells you to eat back those 1000 calories and maintain your 500 deficit

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions?page=1

Have a look at the stickied threads at the top of this forum so you understand how MFP works.