calories too low?

Options
I started mfp at 1810 calories 2 weeks ago and 178lbs. I have only lost 1 lb so far bf is around 18 percent trying to get to around 10%. Im wondering if i am in too much of a deficit so i raised my calories to 2060 which puts me at a 500 cal deficit instead of 750. Also going to the gym 3x a week on ss. any advice?

Replies

• mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I really don't have any advice for you. I seen a good loss my first week when I started counting calories. Have you been always going to the gym like you are now? I read that your joints hold water to protect them from the new activity.
  • TreyT3
    TreyT3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I run at a 1,000 calorie deficit and try to keep my calories 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat. The reason that I keep such a high protein number is so I wont lose very much muscle, which you will loose muscle on a calorie deficit, but I've managed to only loose about 4 lbs of muscle. I've lost 45 lbs total since Jan. and get in about 8-10 workouts a week and try to rest one day a week. I suggest you give it more time than two weeks, and try to increase your cardio. Also, I suggest you get a body fat caliper if you don't already have one so you can more accurately track your body fat % and change your diet when you get closer to your goal body fat %. But MOST importantly talk to your doctor about what you are doing, how many calories you plan on eating, what vitamins and supplements you might use, everything, and follow your doctors advice, but go to him/her with a plan of action so they know you are serious about your efforts. Feel free to add me, I keep my daily eating habits open for those who want to see. It makes me feel even more accountable for what I eat.
  • davidb611
    davidb611 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks to both for the reply