Shrimps!

Options
AllTehBeers
AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
I'm thinking about making something with shrimp for dinner but I don't have many recipes with it. I want to know your favorite low calorie shrimp dinner idea!

Replies

• joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the Chili Lime Shrimp from this blog tonight...

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.ca/2012/03/chili-lime-shrimp-bowls-1050-recipe-175.html

I have never been let down by anything on her blog; in fact, it's my go-to website for dinner ideas. So I'm very excited about this one!

I'm not doing it as she suggests though. Instead, I plan on serving it over a vegetarian couscous with a pile of un-refried beans on the side (also from her website...super yummy, dense, and good bang for your calorie buck).

Normally, I just marinade my shrimp in piri piri sauce, which is mildly spicy, from Superstore/Loblaws (Memories of Portugal). If it's nice out, I grill them in a basket on the barbeque (generally, I'm too lazy to thread them onto skewers, though tonight I am). When it's chilly, I use a grill pan indoors. George Forman would work as well.
  • pinkmander
    pinkmander Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Swedish shrimp soup.

We have this sometimes when friends come around. Because its a soup its really filling.

10 shallots peeled left whole, sauteed in a little olive oil until soft, going brown (10 mins)
    Pour in a tin of good quality chopped tomatoes, fish stock 600 ml made from cube.
    Add 400g of any white fish, cook til fish flaking
    Add raw peeled shrimps, handful of dill and couple of tablespoons of low fat creme fraiche.
    Bring to gentle simmer for 4 mins, so prawns dont overcook!
    Enjoy
  • kimmieMcF
    kimmieMcF Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow that sounds good. what do you serve it with?
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I saute the shrimp in a little olive oil with minced garlic. Right before they're done I sprinkle parmesan (like you'd sprinkle onto pizza) into the pan and cook it a little longer. it's very yummy!
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the Chili Lime Shrimp from this blog tonight...

http://budgetbytes.blogspot.ca/2012/03/chili-lime-shrimp-bowls-1050-recipe-175.html

Holy smokes....it was fantastic! This one was definitely a keeper. Best part - I actually had all of the ingredients on hand!
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I make shrimp tacos. I use the mission thin corn tortillas. They only have 40 calories each. Then I put shirmp in the tortilla and add what ever toppings I want usually tomatoes, cillantro, lettuce or spinach and sometimes some cheese.