New here, new mom

Options
rachi20024
rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
Hello,
I gained almost 50 pounds with my LO (he's 6 weeks old). I had gestational diabetes with this pregnancy which was dissappointing. I want to relearn how to be healthy and avoid getting diabetes for the rest of my life. If I make a change now, the chances of me getting diabetes is slim. I am looking to be at a healthy weight, and I know it will take time. Hopefully using this site for support will encourage me to stick with it!

Rachelle

Replies

• jaydeangel
    jaydeangel Posts: 31
    Options
    Congrats on the new baby! Welcome to Myfitnesspal! It is an awesome site to help you jump start your journey to getting healthy. Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi! MFP is the best site! Congrats on the little one they are a true blessing. There is so much support from everyone on MFP. :happy:
  • madair801
    madair801 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You will see how much people in the world really do care and inspire each other. Glad to see you made the first step. We all know you will do well because you have the desire.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the best website ever. You will love it here, I do. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: