looking for hypothyroid buddies

Options
13»

Replies

• dhc16
    dhc16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I Am so glad I found this post! It is nice to know that I am not alone!
  • mschuldt2005
    mschuldt2005 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I suffer from hypothyroid and it sucks. I completely understand where you are coming from. We can do this...I know we can :)
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options
    I have been on thyroid medicine for over 5 years now. I take it everyday, and I really notice if I miss a day. I'm not sure how it will affect my weight loss goals, but I'm not going to let it stand in my way! Feel free to add me.
  • jetsmaw
    jetsmaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also hypo. I was diagnosed almost 2 years ago but have known for about 4/5 years it wasnt right (hashi's)

I put on about 49lbs and my weight is now stable but I'm not happy with it. It's the lack of energy that really gets to me. I am looking for people to give me a kick up the bum as I try to lose 40lbs...
  • jenngarza
    jenngarza Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We can totally do this!!! Just did insanity today and I'm so pumped !!! Keep your eyes on the prize is my motto
  • enaves1986
    enaves1986 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Was anyone told by your endrocrinologist that you would be lucky to be 10 pounds minimum over-weight and 10 have 80% of the energy that you had before your diagnosis. Here is my response, WRONG, you can achieve it, its extra work and extra frustration.
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My weight is coming off steadily even with my underactive thyroid. I'm eating approx 1500 cals a day inc exercise calories, walk for 40 mins twice a day and swim about 3 times a week. Since losing weight my energy has really improved and I don't feel tired all the time.
  • cycleholic
    cycleholic Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed hypo 6 years ago. I lost over 100 lbs in 07 but I worked out every day for 2-3 hours. I lived on protein shakes and bars. Of course, this did not last. I quickly regained 60 lbs when I decreased the workouts and ate real food. I now have 30 lbs to go. I'm just bummed that I have to work twice as hard to get half the results. Glad there are others in the struggle in thi forum!
  • zoe_aiden
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this topic! I am 26 and was diagnosed with hypothyriodism about 6 months ago. I'm on .50mcg's of levothyroxine. I am struggling to lose weight as well :(. I am at 162 right now which is the biggest I have ever been, not pregnant! I have a 5 year old that I dropped the weight right after having, and my 18 month old who I've been struggling to lose weight since having her. I'm glad that there are others going thro this who might be able to offer some support!
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed about 6 months ago and I have been struggling the entire time. I am up to 75 mcgs now but still not stable! The worst part for me is the weight gain (40 lbs). And, depression has kicked in too. So, I have decided this week to do something. Anything - with the hopes of making some progress. Glad to find a source of inspiration!!!