What supplements do you take ?

Options
Hi there. I've relatively been a lurker around here, I'm just now getting the time and courage to post and ask questions, so here goes.

I'm interested in what supplements you all take.

I have gone for a long time with taking nothing. In December I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure and now take medication for that. At the same time, I was diagnosed with thyroid disorder, I was not taking any medication but went through a series of testing and by mid March my Thyroid was removed.

I am now taking Levothyroxine, and consulting with my doctor as to what supplements I can take with that medication, and am interested in what supplements all of you take that you find worthwhile.

I'm now taking a multi vitamin, and I understand that CLA and Fish Oil are excellent supplements, and that Thyroid patients often require extra Vitamin D.

I didn't know what else I might need to discuss with my doctor at this weeks appointment that can help jump start the plateau that I have been stuck at.

Any input would be welcome.

Thanks very much !!!!

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D3
    Fish Oil
    Multi Vitamin

Top 3 ^ IMHO.
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    Please research each product for yourself. (I’m just sharing what I know about them) Here Goes--1) Flax Seed Oil-Shortens recovery time for fatigued muscles after exertion. Stimulates brown fat cells and increases the metabolic rate making it easier to burn off fat. Helps protect the body against high blood pressure, inflammation, water retention, sticky platelets and lowered immune function. 2)CLA Cla 1000mg Tonalin – for toning. It reduces body fat and increases lean muscle mass. 3)Garden of Life - Vitamin Code - Raw Women, 4 Capsules – Who doesn’t need a multi vitamin??? 4)HSU & CO. DC-1 Internal Cleansing Formula - These mixed herbs naturally accelerate internal cleansing of the large intestine. Old toxic fecal matter and encrustations including mucus begin to break loose, thereafter increasing peristalsis and water assimilation. Go to www.hsu.com if your interested in this product. 5) Burdock Root Organic Drops - used to purify the blood by removing toxins that can build up in blood. Also good for treating cancer. 6) Bladderwrack Organic Drops – Also known as KELP (Iodine) The main use of the herb has been for the stimulation of the thyroid gland as a treatment for obesity and cellulite. The high iodine content of the herb stimulates thyroid function which boosts metabolism. 7) Vitex Elixir For Women (Gaia Herbs) Female Hormone Support – So basically I wont have the urge to go crazy someone. LOL 8) Black Seed Oil - Black seed provides a rich supply of polyunsaturated fatty acids. These ingredients play a key role in daily health and wellness. They help to regulate the metabolism, carry toxins to the skin's surface for elimination, balance insulin levels, regulate cholesterol, improve body circulation, and promote healthy liver function.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I take Whey Protein 3 shakes a day. CLA herbal supplepent. Argentine, Fish Oil, Cell Mass, Nurocore, Amino X. and sometimes creatine.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Fish oil
    CLA
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM
    Acetyl L-Carnitine
    Creatine Monohydrate
    Whey Protein
    Multi-Vitamin
    Glutamine
  • SirBen81