The weight is just falling off!!

Options
Hi everyone, I am so excited!! I have lost another 10 lbs. I feel so good. My clothes are loose!!! My daughter and I started this at the end of April. We watch our calorie intake carefully and exercise of some kind every day. We walk almost 3 miles now and almost half of our walk is uphill. My daughter has reached her goal. I still have 55 -60 lbs to go. I am so thankful to still have her encouragement. She is still doing the program. I am so blessed and thank God for my daughter and giving me the strength to keep striving for a healthy body. Also, I am thankful for each of you who have shared your stories and encouraging me. We won't give up, keep going, and keep positive attitutudes!!! We can do

it199616.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter you all!!!

Replies

• skydreamer
    skydreamer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely wonderful!!! Great job....keep it up!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Congratulations to You & your Daughter! Your both inspirations to us all!!! Great job!!! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: great job!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you both!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • loreninha219
    Options
    congrats dude! keep up the good work!
  • mjxlane
    mjxlane Posts: 5
    Options
    What a great story. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    oh wow!! congratulations! since april how much have you lost? just curious since your ticker says 58 lbs:happy: I also started in April, and have lost 12 lbs to date..slowly but surely! keep it up
  • bambijo
    bambijo Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats....!!
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! That's amazing!! ...to both of you!

I must say, I was feeling a bit discouraged these last couple of days, but seeing your post has motivated me again! THANK YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am so excited!! I have lost another 10 lbs. I feel so good. My clothes are loose!!! My daughter and I started this at the end of April. We watch our calorie intake carefully and exercise of some kind every day. We walk almost 3 miles now and almost half of our walk is uphill. My daughter has reached her goal. I still have 55 -60 lbs to go. I am so thankful to still have her encouragement. She is still doing the program. I am so blessed and thank God for my daughter and giving me the strength to keep striving for a healthy body. Also, I am thankful for each of you who have shared your stories and encouraging me. We won't give up, keep going, and keep positive attitutudes!!! We can do

it199616.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter you all!!!

You said you started at the end of April and have already lost 58 lbs!!!! WOW!!! I started in January and have barely passed you. The weight really is just falling off! What's your secret? Congrats!!!
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Not wanting to be the bad guy here but losing 58 pounds in less than 2 months?? Just wondering how you have lost that much so quickly? Maybe I am just jealous (bad thing I know) but also wondering how 'safe' that could be to have lost so much that fast....please dont think I am being mean, I'm not...maybe I am just looking for encouragement....been playing too long without really getting serious....
    Very proud of you and your daughter for sticking together on your journey!!!
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    I too am very curious!! maybe you already had lost some before starting this jouney, this is why i was asking how much you have actually lost since april..congratss!!
  • conmonja
    conmonja Posts: 28
    Options
    I have lost 22 pounds in 1 month wirh rhe lap band rah rah rah
  • edianna
    edianna Posts: 15
    Options
    I too have felt concerned about the quick results, especially with me being a nurse. I do not think it is healthy to lose weight to quickly. This has been very quick. I am eating healthier and exercising. I don't take any kind of supplements. I want to do this the health way. I was on the verge of being in metabolic syndrome and basicly pre diabetic. My sugar intake is very low now and I do feel this has something to do with my quick results. Prior to this weight loss expedition - I was in school and didn't seem to have much time for taking care of myself. I sat in class or in a car all the time and studied the rest. I weighed about 158 before starting nursing school and graduated at 248. YUCK!!! I don't recommend losing weight to fast to anyone. Eating healthy is important and consuming your calories. I don't starve myself like before with other types of diets. I eat and lose weight.

To you all, don't feel you can't say something!! Some may need intervention by those who care. After all we want to be healthy, and do this the healthly way. That is what is so great about diary and fitness. This is so much healthier than traditional diets that starve you and when you stop you gain all of your weight back and then some. This program is easy to stick to isn't it???

Hang in there you all. Don't forget our bodies are all different, results and plateaus will all happen with different timing. Don't give up!!!

Dianna
  • thinkthinjen
    Options
    Congrats to both of you! I am starting this and Weight Watchers with my mom...it's nice to have each other to lean on! :)
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and even bigger congrats on helping your daughter learn early how to take the weight off, and hopefully maintain. You are right that we all have different bodies and we each lose weight a little different but it is a proven fact that to rapid a weight loss is hard to maintain. Hopefully you are taking the steps you need now to help ease into maintenance and make this marvelous success a lifetime change! :love:
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the great work!
  • khool4
    khool4 Posts: 7
    Options
    Edina, are you still eating fruits? You said you dropped sugars. Did you drop out fruits???
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I can understand why you are taking it off so quick. I think the closer you get to your goal it will slow down. I started June 2nd and have lost 35 pounds. an average of seven a week. I eat the amount recommended by MFP to lose 2 lbs a week but a do about 3 times the recommended exercise calories. 6 days a week twice a day for 40 minutes each. Nothing strenuous just walking and riding at easy paces.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

Hang in there you all. Don't forget our bodies are all different, results and plateaus will all happen with different timing. Don't give up!!!

Dianna

that is sound solid advice. i have a friend who is at least 100 lbs over my weight, and she gets so frustrated that it is easier for me to lose weight then her, but i told her that she just has to try different things. everyones body is SO different, but that is what is so great about us in the end, we just have to learn what we need to do for ourselves and then embrace that. we all have a different challenge.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!