Replies

• GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    eggs, oatmeal, & chicken are my go to foods to fill me up :happy:
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Anything high on protein is correct. Plus, your body will work harder at burning it all up, so, win-win.
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    FIBER! and lots and lots of water....my homemade vegan black bean soup fills me right up for hours.....2 cups is 200 calories
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Instant mashed potatoes! I always feel stuffed, even when i only eat 1 serving
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    eat more protein.
  • Losingweightforgood2019
    Options
    Proteins normally make me feel full....
  • lkl21
    lkl21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I put 2 tablespoons of oat bran in my chobani yogurt. Makes it that much healthier and more filling.
  • kfox15
    kfox15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    A hot cup of tea. I realized recently that sometimes when I'm feeling "munchy" I'm actually just cold (go figure wisconsin!). I have a hot tea and put on a sweatshirt and then wait 20 minutes to see if I'm still hungry.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    A fish filet (anything I can get individually vacuum-packed in bulk), grilled on my george foreman with a coating of cajun seasoning (or sometimes lemon and garlic), with half a bag of steam-in-the-microwave veggies makes for a big plate of food and under 300 calories, plus it helps me get to my protein goals without adding loads of fat or carbs. And as a bonus, it's fast, especially if you use a white fish like swai or tilapia that thaws in about 5 minutes under running water and cooks in about 2 1/2. Even the thicker filets like swordfish or something only take about 5 min at 375*.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I keep a huge pot of cabbage/vegetable/lentil soup on hand to munch on during the day (or evening) when I need a "little something." It's filling, satisfying, nutitious, and low calorie.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    protein, protein and protein.......steak, chicken, tuna, eggs, protein shake....close second some nuts (almonds are my go-to)
    Thirdly cottage cheese, or full fat yoghurt - basically anything with protein in it...

yep, this gets my vote.
    dense protein def keeps me feeling FULL LONGER.
  • finchase
    finchase Posts: 174
    Options
    One ounce of almonds (about 24 nuts) is 170 calories. If you combine that with drinking an 8-ounce glass of water, this will help fill you up.
  • mattjnsn
    mattjnsn Posts: 2
    Options
    Try more protein right after excercising, and when you know it will be a while before you eat again. Try some Hormel turkey chili with no beans.....a ton of protein, low carbs and low fat content
  • strawberrie_milk
    strawberrie_milk Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, broccoli, chicken/fish, yogurt
  • sammybear521
    sammybear521 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    FIBER! and lots and lots of water....my homemade vegan black bean soup fills me right up for hours.....2 cups is 200 calories

Any chance I could I get your recipe?
  • HowieTwoPointZero
    HowieTwoPointZero Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Pickles!
  • grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Soup, gives me that warm full feeling. And Jicama. Crunchy and sweet, low in calories, high in fiber.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Popcorn.
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about feeling "empty". I always feel that way when I diet too! I have come to realize that there is a difference between feeling "full" and not being hungry anymore. If you feel full then you have eaten too much. Being "full" is what got us in this trouble in the first place! Have to admit though, I would love to eat until I'm full and not gain weight! I can eat whole grain, high fiber, lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein, etc. and I still am not satisfied. I think some of us have more of a mental need to be full!
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    For me when I'm starving and don't have a lot of calories I eat 1cup of progresso lentil soup : 160calories and I sautee 4 ounces 100-110 calories of Tyson fully cooked chicken breast. I season with lemon pepper or soy sauce (just watch your salt) then I add the sauteed chicken to the lentil soup. It hits the spot, fills me up, and not a lot of calories. A hearty type of meal.