Living room of DOOM!!!

Options
McKayMachina
McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
HI! Please help me arrange my living room! It's laid out so weird, i just don't know what to do. I figured you guys would be full of great and hilariously awful ideas! :D

Here's the screenshot of the current layout:

xYkX1.png

Don't worry. I measured with a record sleeve so it's totally proportionate. :laugh:

DETAILS!
* We just have a desk, two chairs, two couches and a random worktable in there.
* We don't have a TV. We watch everything on Netflix which causes us to move the couches everytime we want to relax. :/ It's kind of killing the hardwood flooring. Not gonna lie.
* The east wall is 9 feet of windows.
* The north wall is 100% wall.
* The south wall attaches to the main dining room so it's just fireplace+mantle and arch-way.
* The west wall is a bar-top/window thingy from the adjacent dining room. As in, behind the small couch is for bar seating both in this room and the room just west of it. The indicated opening is the walkway from the area in front of the front door so I don't want to block it.
* I have the fireplace empty at all times. Dogs chew everything and it's hot now.
* The door leads out to the backyard.

Any ideas???

:drinker:

Replies

• doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    How big is your computer monitor?
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    The most difficult thing to consider is the location of the stripper pole. Do u put it near the fireplace to keep you warm when ur riding it naked or do u keep it away so u dont burn your privates?

It's an age old question really and better men than me have been vexed by it.
  • doorki
    Options
    I would think that you want the pole near the windows.
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    I would think that you want the pole near the windows.

thats is a very good point. I think it also depends on the window, big bay windows or boxy small windows. Then it doesnt really matter, but the true asthetic is to ensure the highest amount of visibility.
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    We keep the pole in the kitchen because it's a lot easier to go from pleasing housewife to naughty temptress that way. I find he's most agreeable after a sandwich and a lapdance.

The monitor is very small. Maybe 17"? Or like, 1.5 record sleeves on the diagonal.

:laugh:
  • iam_thatdude
    Options
    We keep the pole in the kitchen because it's a lot easier to go from pleasing housewife to naughty temptress that way. I find he's most agreeable after a sandwich and a lapdance.

The monitor is very small. Maybe 17"? Or like, 1.5 record sleeves on the diagonal.

That may possibly be the hottest thing I have ever heard a woman say....
  • doorki
    Options

That may possibly be the hottest thing I have ever heard a woman say....

You have a thing for small monitors?
  • doorki
    Options

So the monitor is too small to actually build around? Bascially, I would use the desk as an "entertainment center" and act as though that is the tv. Perhaps put it along the wall with the windows and then move the one couch to face the fireplace.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    What's a record sleeve?
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    So the monitor is too small to actually build around? Bascially, I would use the desk as an "entertainment center" and act as though that is the tv. Perhaps put it along the wall with the windows and then move the one couch to face the fireplace.

Yep. pretty small! And, ya know, that was my BF's suggestion, too. But we don't want to "lose" the windows. I might just lay the long couch in front of the windows facing the backyard and make it an awkwardly-positioned nap/dog-viewing spot. hahah
    What's a record sleeve?

LOL You know...that square thing with album art on it that you slide vinyl records into to protect/display them? I couldn't find the measuring tape and they are just over a foot wide so I used that, rotating it end-to-end across the room. XD