Newbie Int'd in TRX/Kettlebell

Options
You would think it might be easier to find a nice, supportive online forum for fitness and exercise, but it's not. I came across this forum and it looks quite promising, so here I am.

I'm a 58 yr old guy in northeastern Massachusetts and I've been doing kickboxing, aerobic classes and freeweights for nearly 18 months at my local YMCA. I just began learning TRX and kettlebell exercises. They seem to be pretty amazing in terms of energy expended and muscle strengthening. Does anyone else use these techniques?

Replies

• jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I started doing the kettlebells on Sunday and I love the workout. I'm was starting to think I'm the only one though.
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Very interested in doing a kettlebell routine...any good websites/posts out there with exercises???

Feel free to add me as a friend--always looking for new friends that are into different types of fitness :smile:
  • knowak82
    knowak82 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump! Does anyone have any good recommendations for an at-home kettlebell workout???
  • anoroc751
    anoroc751 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    To OP. I do three days per week of kick boxing. The real stuff with the gloves and the bags, punches, kicks and other stuf in between. As part of that same class I do two days of ressistance training. Tuesdays and Thurdays. During first two weeks its just bands and plyometrices. Week three we introduce weights and do those in the form of Tabatas.

From here on the ressistance training on tuesdays keeps chainging up and every Thursday it's TRX.

The TRX is great and very challenging. Many of the other class members don't even show up.

On Saturdays, as time permits, I do a class of hot yoga (also very tough) and one additional TRX class.

I have never used kettleballs. It sounds like we do a very similar workout.

Good luck and keep moving.
  • MassWineGuy
    Options
    Knowak82, there are lots of sitres, but this and the ones cited in it seem good and gentle to me:

http://exercise.about.com/library/blbeginnerkettlebell.htm

I'd start with the kettlebell swing and then the front squat.

751, whoa man! I think I hear your phone ringing and it must be Seal Team Six calling. Tabata is a killer.