what underwear do you wear when you go running.

Options
I didnt post the right question properly which is why some people are like why are you posting this.....So basically i just wanted to know what underwear do you wear when you go running? I want to prevent chaffing and wedges.....cuz we all know it causes problem........

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I got the Champion C9 duo-dry underwear thingies at Target. There are two types I guess? Love the new ones I got. Loathe the old ones (they dont wick as well)

The come in 3 inch 6 inch and 9 inch inseam for men. 6 inch minimum to prevent chaffing.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Running shorts come with a built in liner (Undies). I don't wear anything but the shorts.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    My running shorts have built-in undies... otherwise they're not really "running" shorts. But for runs longer than 60 minutes, I'll use some Bodyglide on the areas prone to chaffing.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Commando.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    all my running shorts have compression briefs built in. love 'em
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Oddly my running shorts with the liner always gave me a wedgie.

Fancy undies+ mesh shorts work great for me.

And unfortunately my mesh are partly see through..so commando..eww.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I need to look into those. The only every day stuff that works with out giving me wedgie are boyshorts. Bikini's just go ZIP, right into the crack. *grumbles*
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    None. :-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I just wear my normal cotton bikini undies. Never had a problem.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Commando
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    None. Really though, constant adjustage, no thankies.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    None.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I prefer low-cut boy shorts. They work pretty well at staying down, and not giving me grief.

Definitely don't go commando when wearing compression capris on a long run on a warm morning, though. Found out the hard way that's just bad news bears.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    LOL.... I had basically the same question, but more of a girl question. How do you wear running pants without getting a "girl wedgie"...
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Running shorts come with a built in liner (Undies). I don't wear anything but the shorts.

This. Though if I wear tights (in cold weather) I usually wear underwear with them to prevent Camel Toe.

I know. I'm weird.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Compression shorts, I don't like my thighs to chaff.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Non-running I tend to wear thongs, I find them comfortable. Since I find them so comfortable, I wear them when I run. I very rarely have an issue with them.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I bought these and love them. http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Comfort-Womens-Workout-Bikini/dp/B003V234HA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335135411&sr=8-2
    Also have the thong version but I've yet to wear them.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    LOL.... I had basically the same question, but more of a girl question. How do you wear running pants without getting a "girl wedgie"...

A girl wedgie?? LOL is that code for camel toe? The better running tights have a built-in gusset that prevents camel toe. Lululemon had a tag line for a while re their tights "Just say NO to camel toe!"

I don't wear underwear with tights either.
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    My grannie panties have always worked fine for me, but I think I will look into some running shorts as they sound a lot more appealing!