hello

Options
Hi. Im new here and am looking to lose about 65-70 lbs. I am a diabetic type 2 with a heart condition..and really new at this stuff so hoping to make lots of friends who can encourage and help :)

Replies

• interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :-)
  • raynay68
    raynay68 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi good luck to you!! I wish you well!
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hi! 35 year old here born with aortic stenosis. Had surgery at 7 and will require surgery later in life. Getting healthy to try and postpone that surgery as long as possible. Feel free to add me!
  • Nengi1980
    Nengi1980 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me as a friend x
  • AndreaCimmino
    AndreaCimmino Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard :) feel free to add me
  • StephGodsPrincess
    StephGodsPrincess Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey sis this is going to be awesome doing this together:) You can do this and we are going to do this together:)
  • Tonya509
    Tonya509 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello,

I am fairly new also, and really like it. The site really helps you stay on top of your daily food and activity. You'll love it. Feel free to add me. Good luck you can do this :)
  • kg4vjy
    kg4vjy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been logged into MFP for one week today. Showing a 3 lb loss for this week. Love the program because I can eat what I want just have to cut back on portions. My daughter is my friend on here so we can help each other. I've dieted before and lost so know I can do it but it is nice having encouragement from others. I have a great husband except he has no idea what some people have to go through to loose a few lbs, and is not one to give compliments. Hope to be friends and give encouragement for others. Just add me .
  • gizz1970
    gizz1970 Posts: 20
    Options
    I really understand why you want to lose weight. My main reason for losing weight is my health I have chronic kidney disorder and high blood pressure , I am also prone to get diabetes .I lost 8 pounds on my own which I didn't count on MFP And I lost 11 pounds while being on MFB. I use to smoke 3 packs a day and was able to quit that bad habit. Are you making your doctors aware of your diet and exercise? if not I would suggest you do. Just to let you now if you stick with it you will feel great physically as well as mentally.