I blew it! So mad at myself

Options

Replies

• Jennie183
    Jennie183 Posts: 10
    Options
    You need to go off the wagon occasionally or you will drop eating healthily at all. You did GREAT. You're back on the plan and the new way of life. Occassional cheats, however, make you desire that food more. Your cirrant weight is my 2nd goal. You're doing sooo well.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I peeked at your diary, you came in under calories so dont beat yourself up!!!!! Was still a good day. You are allowed treats once in awhile.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Call it a cheat day and move on. Its not the end of the world....
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    How did you blow it? If your diary is correct, you're still under your calories for the day. I'd say, good job! Just enjoy!
  • Supermom008
    Supermom008 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Look how far you have come! 38 lbs. is nothing to sneeze at! Well done! So you had a little "hiccup" today, don't beat yourself up to the point that you want to give up! Tomorrow is a new day and you will succeed! Good Luck and keep up the good work!
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    If I reacted like this every time I ate chinese take out, I'd be dead -___-
  • csingleton80
    Options
    In the past, did one healthy meal make up for a bad week? If not, then don't beat yourself up about one bad meal ruining a good week.

Wonderfully said, totally agree!!
  • ezramedic
    ezramedic Posts: 119
    Options

I mean really, if you can't enjoy a single Chinese meal once in a while, what's the darn point.

^^ THIS!! ^^
  • abacorica
    abacorica Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Zig zagging calorie intact keeps the body guessing. Drink lots of water to counter the sodium and map out your meals for tomorrow. Keep up the great work!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Chicken = protein and potassium
    Broccoli = Vitamins A, C, and K

I see no problem here.
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Dont be upset. Drink more water before bedtime. You deserve chinese food once a month if you crave it.
  • hermosapilates
    Options
    You will not gain weight from one bad meal!!
    Eat super clean tonight- light salad, balsamic, water and tea-- and eat light tomorrow to counteract the damage. Donzo! :) jenn
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. Chinese food is full of sodium so it will make you retain water which will make the scales go up. Flush that sodium out and don't beat yourself up! I just got back on the MFP wagon today. I have been blowing it for the last 2 years! LOL!
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    If you want to stay healthy, this is not a "diet" to be followed for a few months, after which you'll go back to eating "normally" That means you can't spend the rest of your life "on a diet" without occasionally eating foods that you enjoy.

If this was a one off, stop fretting about it.

If you're eating food like that every day, stop deluding yourself that you're trying to eat healthily and go find a Chinese cookery forum! :bigsmile:
  • Peanut0711
    Peanut0711 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I hear ya.....I've been doing mfp since february, and only lost 1 pound....I've been at my goal weight, drink lots of water and even go to the gym and i've actually given up....though, you have lost 35 pounds, one cheat day isn't a big deal......try dieting and exercising for over a month and not lose anything...=(
  • surgesilk
    surgesilk Posts: 92
    Options
    That's not blowing it...that's just one meal...one day. That's life. Move along! You are fine! Nothing to see here!
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    DO NOT WORRY about this one meal!!! I do one high calorie meal a week and for the longest time was losing 2 lbs a week! Who knows you may lose more this week due to doing that??? Everyone is different, but your fine, it is ok to have something like what you had once in a while. You cannot deprive yourself of things you truly like, if you do it may set you in a fit one day eating everything in site you have deprived yourself of. Normally what I do, is just pick one meal I really like but higher in calories to have once a week NO more though, just once a week. I have seen on these forums where lots of ppl do the same as myself.
    Keep up the good work you have lost a lot of weight!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Why is Chinese chicken and broccoli "bad?" It's protein and veggies.

You can feel bad if you want to but you didn't do anything wrong.

That's my thinking.

Your weight might go up a little if it was high sodium, but that's just water, not fat.
  • sundncr
    sundncr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You didn't blow it go on the 90/10 rule 90% good 10% bad. It is only one meal get back on track right away
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Get up, go to the mirror, and apologize to yourself. Tell yourself thank you for the apology, hug it out, and move on.

Blowing it with yourself should be no different that blowing it with your friends or family. When it happens, you apologize, accept the apology, and move on.

You'll do great tomorrow...it's a slip on the ice, not Dec 21, 2012.

This may be the greatest post in the world.