I hate broccoli!

Options
iLinduh
iLinduh Posts: 50 Member
I love almost all veggies BUT I've always hated broccoli...

Anyone have some good broccoli recipes that will change my mind about it? =)

Replies

• rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i hate it to!! have to drench it in velveeta and i stil gag..grr
  • snmnstrz21
    snmnstrz21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried roasting it with some olive oil and garlic? It's the only thing that got me to change my mind about broccoli and now I love it!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I have a crockpot recipe where you cook it with chicken, cheese and crinkled potato chips (or frenchs fried onions). It's pretty tastey...If you want the recipe, send me a message and I'll look it up for you!
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When making a smoothie, throw it in with some strong flavoured fruits. Works wonders to hide the taste until you get use to it.
  • migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like it steamed with a light sprinkling of Parmesan cheese on it. I think I could eat it that way every day.
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Have you tried to oven roast it?
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I like it minced in Mac n cheese. :)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe but I steam mine and add Mrs. Dash and butter.

If all else fails maybe try Bolthouse smoothies. I love the green goodness one.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Um... if you don't like broccoli, you can give yours to me. It's my favorite veggie

I'll eat it raw or cooked, plain or seasoned. I like it best plain though, either steamed or raw.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    If you don't like broccoli but eat most other veggies you should be ok if you don't eat it
  • Thaea
    Thaea Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat broccoli almost every day! I usually eat it plain but you can easily disguise it. You can steam it and add a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, OR mix it with lentils or rice and add some Bragg Liquid Aminos. Just tastes like soy sauce.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I hate celery so I don't eat it. Life is too short to gag down food you hate.There are plenty of other veggies to eat. :drinker:
  • KLaurean
    KLaurean Posts: 112
    Options
    I agree on putting it in a smoothie with either apples or bananas

Also, plain non-fat greek yogurt mixed with a little bit of a ranch seasoning packet and not fat milk will make for a great ranch dressing to dip them in
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Brocolli is good, now brussel sprouts however are a whole nother story:bigsmile:
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'll only eat it with ranch and cheese. Veggies are only good if I can't taste them.
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Broccoli is good. I have always wondered at people that dont like it, but I choose not to judge. This makes me think is there any vegetable that i dont like? I will have to think on that....
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't eat it. That's what I do, and I'm fairly happy.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Um... if you don't like broccoli, you can give yours to me. It's my favorite veggie

I'll eat it raw or cooked, plain or seasoned. I like it best plain though, either steamed or raw.

You take the raw, I'll take the steamed.
  • gades772
    gades772 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    try it with steamed with a sauce make of olive oil, smoked paprika and garlic.
    Heat the oil, and add the garlic when almost crunchy, add the smoked paprika... it is good!!!
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    You can add broccoli (chopped fine) to salads as well. :smile: