Butt Exercises

Options
So this might sound like a weird question, but what are some good exercises to tighten up your butt? I have been working out at the gym and have been doing a lot of the weight machines that help with the glute and thigh muscles and I'm starting to tone up in all the other areas on my body, and I guess I never paid much attention to by back side lol, but I noticed in the mirror tonight that I need some serious work back there, I think a lot of it might be just firming it up. I know that squats are great exercises and I also do a lot of hip-lift extensions, how many reps would you suggest doing though?

Replies

• cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Start doing lunges, dead lifts and bridges in addition to squats
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Lunges & squats are fantastic for your bootay!! ALSO, kettlebell swings. I did 100 kettle bell swings the other day with a 30lb kettlebell. the only thing that hurt was my butt. adding weight to squats or lunges (hold dumbbels) makes it even better!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My gym sucks and doesn't have a squat rack or barbells for deadlifts, but I've had great results with the leg press, glute press, back extension, etc. I do as heavy as I can, three sets of eight, two or three times a week.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Google cook hip lift, it's a great glute activator.
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    Lunges & squats are fantastic for your bootay!! ALSO, kettlebell swings. I did 100 kettle bell swings the other day with a 30lb kettlebell. the only thing that hurt was my butt. adding weight to squats or lunges (hold dumbbels) makes it even better!

I bet your Bootay-- hurt like hell!! You go!! :) i have also been doing squats :) I have a kettle bell but it is NOT 30lbs.. I think its 10.. I need to resurrect that thing.. thanks for reminding me :)
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    Google cook hip lift, it's a great glute activator.

it looks like its a pretty effective exercise.. im gonna try that tomorrow ;) thanks
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I must still be early in the game. Fast paced walking works my bedonk.
  • gombolyu
    gombolyu Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think butt bible is excellent.:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNxaXb5Ews
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    lay over a low stool (on your stomach) place a light weight in the area behind your knee (one leg at a time) and do lifts holding the weight in place. (do 15 lifts then switch) this totally works!!! it tones and lifts the buttocks!
  • ladyplaz
    ladyplaz Posts: 186 Member
    Options

That is what I have been talking to my daughter about. She thinks you need a gym to work your backside.
  • mikic24
    mikic24 Posts: 1
    Options
    Try the Brazilian butt lift excercises. It is a great work-out and you can definitely feel it the day after. The first time I did it I couldn't walk for two days
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    bump
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

That is what I have been talking to my daughter about. She thinks you need a gym to work your backside.

Simple and effective, and even better with weights.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Would love to join you guys! Always up for a good group for motivation and meeting new inspiring friends! Thanks
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for all these great ideas, some of them I have done before in the past and for whatever reason forgot all about them and so I am definitely going to be adding them to my workout along with trying the brazilian butt lifting workout (I have heard people talk about that and seem to get good results) and also check out this Bible Butt workout!

Thanks for all the input!