:O Progress photos

Options
2»

Replies

• guamSUPERgirl90
    Options
    im where u were and i definitely hope to be where you are now!
    im 5'4" and 184 hoping to reach atleast 140!

AMAZING and INSPIRING FOR ME!
  • liezaj
    liezaj Posts: 5
    Options
    Care to share your experience... food you took and how long you do your exercise, stuff like that
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    im where u were and i definitely hope to be where you are now!
    im 5'4" and 184 hoping to reach atleast 140!

AMAZING and INSPIRING FOR ME!
    I'm so glad! You can do it!
  • PerfectPout
    PerfectPout Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What a difference! You look so much younger! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • besighyawn
    besighyawn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You really look great, keep it up!
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    Care to share your experience... food you took and how long you do your exercise, stuff like that
    Basically before I started, I was eating crap food. Processed junk, easy to make crap meals. Pop a lot. excessive salt, excessive fats.
    I chose one thing to cut out of my diet, I started with the pop. It was hard at first, but I did it. Every now and then I will have a tiny sip of pop but it does nothing for me.
    I started trying to eat breakfast more often, and I have completely switched to reduced salt foods. I prefer reduced salt over reduced fat, because when they take out the fat, they add more salt. Salt causes your body to retain water. You don't want to have excess water. Water = weight. At my job, drinking 8 cups of water is no problem.
    Then I started to limit the amount of junky junk food I have. I have a few bags of chips in my pantry, but I rarely go to them to eat, unless I really want a crunchy junk food.
    Then I upped my intake of fruits and vegetables, and I cut out red meat almost completely. I am trying to switch to whole wheat bread, but I love carbs too much to do that to myself. I switched to basmati rice, and I very rarely eat potatoes anymore. I used to LOVE eating mashed potatoes.
    I altered the way I cook my food as well. I started using Gardein meat free products (they have meatless ground that I throw in my tomato sauce over spaghetti...) I love Gardein. Amazing product.
    I serve my food mostly on side plates, and usually before I eat anything, I drink water, wait 20 minutes and then eat, and I eat slow. After 20 minutes is up, I remind myself that it's time to stop eating.
    I also eat with no distractions. If I am distracted, I binge eat.
    I love making pitas. My favorite is hummus, cut up tomatoes, carrots, spinach leaves and shredded oven baked chicken, crumbled feta cheese and tomatoes. Fantastic.
    I try to incorporate spinach into a meal every week.
    Smoothies are my best friend right now.

As for exercise, I wasn't the greatest at it, but I try to walk at least 20-30 minutes a day. Where I live it takes me 45 minutes to walk into town at a brisk pace, my goal is to get it down to 30 minutes.
    I got a wii for Christmas and I bought myself Just Dance 1, 2 and 3, and I do the Just sweat 7 day challenges, and I choose the hardest setting because I love dancing so much, then I manually calculate my calories and input it, and boy does that ever burn good calories!
    Hm..I know there is more, hopefully I can remember soon.
    Portion control is a big one. If I get a craving late at night, I drink water. If it goes away, I was just thirsty anyway.
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    Basically before I started, I was eating crap food. Processed junk, easy to make crap meals. Pop a lot. excessive salt, excessive fats.
    I chose one thing to cut out of my diet, I started with the pop. It was hard at first, but I did it. Every now and then I will have a tiny sip of pop but it does nothing for me.
    I started trying to eat breakfast more often, and I have completely switched to reduced salt foods. I prefer reduced salt over reduced fat, because when they take out the fat, they add more salt. Salt causes your body to retain water. You don't want to have excess water. Water = weight. At my job, drinking 8 cups of water is no problem.
    Then I started to limit the amount of junky junk food I have. I have a few bags of chips in my pantry, but I rarely go to them to eat, unless I really want a crunchy junk food.
    Then I upped my intake of fruits and vegetables, and I cut out red meat almost completely. I am trying to switch to whole wheat bread, but I love carbs too much to do that to myself. I switched to basmati rice, and I very rarely eat potatoes anymore. I used to LOVE eating mashed potatoes.
    I altered the way I cook my food as well. I started using Gardein meat free products (they have meatless ground that I throw in my tomato sauce over spaghetti...) I love Gardein. Amazing product.
    I serve my food mostly on side plates, and usually before I eat anything, I drink water, wait 20 minutes and then eat, and I eat slow. After 20 minutes is up, I remind myself that it's time to stop eating.
    I also eat with no distractions. If I am distracted, I binge eat.
    I love making pitas. My favorite is hummus, cut up tomatoes, carrots, spinach leaves and shredded oven baked chicken, crumbled feta cheese and tomatoes. Fantastic.
    I try to incorporate spinach into a meal every week.
    Smoothies are my best friend right now.

As for exercise, I wasn't the greatest at it, but I try to walk at least 20-30 minutes a day. Where I live it takes me 45 minutes to walk into town at a brisk pace, my goal is to get it down to 30 minutes.
    I got a wii for Christmas and I bought myself Just Dance 1, 2 and 3, and I do the Just sweat 7 day challenges, and I choose the hardest setting because I love dancing so much, then I manually calculate my calories and input it, and boy does that ever burn good calories!
    Hm..I know there is more, hopefully I can remember soon.
    Portion control is a big one. If I get a craving late at night, I drink water. If it goes away, I was just thirsty anyway.
    I also bake my own goodies for a snack every now and then, and limit myself to one, if I cut everything out completely, I may go crazy!
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    WOW!!! What a difference! You look so much younger! Great job! :flowerforyou:
    HAH No wonder my customer said I look no older than 16. hahahaha thank you ! <3
  • liezaj
    liezaj Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for sharing yr tips.

I need all the strength putting away the junk food and chocolate...
    Exercising is also a major issue. I get back home from office around 6pm. After that i have to rush back home to cook for my family. So exercise is totally a problem. Need to find time to exercise. I should get a WII for myself.
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    Thanks for sharing yr tips.

I need all the strength putting away the junk food and chocolate...
    Exercising is also a major issue. I get back home from office around 6pm. After that i have to rush back home to cook for my family. So exercise is totally a problem. Need to find time to exercise. I should get a WII for myself.
    Do you have a crock pot and time to prepare meals in the morning so you don't have to rush home to prepare meals? I wouldn't put all the junk away straight away. I still let myself indulge, if I didn't, I'd over indulge.
    I definitely recommend getting a wii, it's so much fun, and if you have an office job, can you get up to take a few laps a day, even 20 minutes at a brisk pace is something. You can do it!
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    You are an example of why the scale is not the guide. You look fantastic now, why continue to lose? How about strength training instead? You have done an amazing job!!!
    You know, I was actually thinking of that, I have the 30 day shred, (lost track of the days due to being sick) but it's good for beginners, and I want to tone up, if I lose more weight, great. I want to be stronger and energized. :)
    Now that I think of it, I think that you're right and I will try it : )

Like everyone has said, you look awesome!! While we can't see your actual physique, you seem more than

If you follow a good lifting program, you won't need to worry about your core. It will get stronger and more toned as you get stronger. Check out New Rules of Lifting for Women. He gives core exercises, but he suggests the program first. I'm about to start it myself.
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    You are an example of why the scale is not the guide. You look fantastic now, why continue to lose? How about strength training instead? You have done an amazing job!!!
    You know, I was actually thinking of that, I have the 30 day shred, (lost track of the days due to being sick) but it's good for beginners, and I want to tone up, if I lose more weight, great. I want to be stronger and energized. :)
    Now that I think of it, I think that you're right and I will try it : )

Like everyone has said, you look awesome!! While we can't see your actual physique, you seem more than

If you follow a good lifting program, you won't need to worry about your core. It will get stronger and more toned as you get stronger. Check out New Rules of Lifting for Women. He gives core exercises, but he suggests the program first. I'm about to start it myself.
    Thanks for the tip I'll check it out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!