Helpful Info: Are you eating enough calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i wish everyone would read this. I'm so sick of trying to convince people that eating more works :grumble:
    i upped my cals and have lost almost more in the past three months then i have been trying to for the past year. :]
  • tamspat
    tamspat Posts: 23
    Options
    bump
  • Sc8356
    Sc8356 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Mammajewelz
    Mammajewelz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just to help everyone out, I found a website that calculates your REE for you. :wink:

http://www.midatlanticcurves.com/ree-calculator.aspx
  • cowgirlzride
    Options
    bump
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of trying to convince people that eating more works

You're going to be sick for a long time, at least until someone does a controlled study that backs up your apocryphal viewpoint.

Nobody on a 500 or 800 calorie diet in a controlled trial fails to lose weight most of which is fat, for example. There are enough studies reporting this to build a house from, whereas I'm yet to see one that substantiates your viewpoint.
  • chestnutbrown
    Options

You're going to be sick for a long time, at least until someone does a controlled study that backs up your apocryphal viewpoint.

Nobody on a 500 or 800 calorie diet in a controlled trial fails to lose weight most of which is fat, for example. There are enough studies reporting this to build a house from, whereas I'm yet to see one that substantiates your viewpoint.

Yes people lose weight, but it's not sustainable, you can't stick to a 500-800 calorie diet for ever. As soon as you up your calories, your body will pile the weight back on to make up for such a deficit. Losing weight slowly over a longer period of time and making healthy changes to your diet that can be maintained for life rather than being done just to lose weight quickly is a much better way to do it. Surely we don't need a study to see that that makes sense? It's a lifestyle change, not a diet!
  • hw1219
    hw1219 Posts: 14
    Options
    I had stalled after losing quickly initially when my cals were set to 1200 per day. I have upped my calories to 1750 per day and the weight has begun falling off again, 1-2 pounds per week.

That's great!
  • hw1219
    hw1219 Posts: 14
    Options

Yes people lose weight, but it's not sustainable, you can't stick to a 500-800 calorie diet for ever. As soon as you up your calories, your body will pile the weight back on to make up for such a deficit. Losing weight slowly over a longer period of time and making healthy changes to your diet that can be maintained for life rather than being done just to lose weight quickly is a much better way to do it. Surely we don't need a study to see that that makes sense? It's a lifestyle change, not a diet!

Very well said chestnutbrown!