vacations!!

Options
oregonlady
oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: a lot of people are planning vacations right now!:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

would u like to share your vacation plans/dreams/ideas??:smile::huh: :tongue: :bigsmile: :love: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :happy: :happy:

i'm going to cabo this saturday! :glasses:
:noway: without children:noway: :happy:
:blushing: i'm looking forward to dressing a little sexy!:blushing:
:love: i'm not yet to a goal lb, but i'm 20 lbs lighter than i ever would have been, had i not found mfp:love:

:flowerforyou: i look forward to reading your words:flowerforyou:

Replies

• xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: a lot of people are planning vacations right now!:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:

would u like to share your vacation plans/dreams/ideas??:smile::huh: :tongue: :bigsmile: :love: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :happy: :happy:

i'm going to cabo this saturday! :glasses:
    :noway: without children:noway: :happy:
    :blushing: i'm looking forward to dressing a little sexy!:blushing:
    :love: i'm not yet to a goal lb, but i'm 20 lbs lighter than i ever would have been, had i not found mfp:love:

:flowerforyou: i look forward to reading your words:flowerforyou:

Going to Tokyo for two weeks in October with my lady, best friend and parents. First trip there. Plus we are having a formal wedding ceremony with their family. Its gonna be rad. I've waited for this trip for years and years.

Also, wouldn't mind taking a weekend trip to St. Louis to see friends and hang out.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I went to New York In April and when I came back lost 1.6 lbs. Never thought that was possible. In August I'm going to Disney World. Should be close to my goal weight by then. This has actuially been the most exciting personal experience I have had. I love that MFP make me become accoutnable for what I eat and do. I am almost a size 16. Tried a pair on and they closed but still a little snug. I am getting there!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    WE have 7 more days until we go on vacation!
    Nothing over the huge (did that in january):bigsmile:
    We are driving back to california, and stay a few days with my grandmother, then a few days at the mother in laws house, and the drive back up to northern california to the family house and stay there (like a cabin) and go camping, fishing, make my own b-day cake, and hangout with my aunt and uncle:bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Wooot! WTG Oregonlady!!! You're gonna have a blast turning all those heads!! :smooched:

Only vacation for us this year is Kentucky in August to visit my in-laws. Gonna meet up with some MFP peeps so that'll be fun! :drinker:

Take lots of pics! :drinker:
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm driving to Wisconsin this weekend to see my dad. In two weeks, we go for our annual 4th of July camping trip with my in-laws, and in August, I'm going to Lollopalooza baby! I'm geeked for that because it's in Chicago and I LOVE CHICAGO!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    We are planning a trip to South Carolina in November for a friends wedding, but we should also get a couple days of vacation in for ourselves while we're there.

I don't really count these as vacations but we'll be heading up north to my family's reunion next month, and probably another weekend as well. My boyfriend's grandpa coincidentally is renting a cottage in the same small town that most of my family is from.

I would also like to go to Holland, Mi this summer for a weekend. I'm of dutch heritage and I thought it would be fun to check it out, and it's a lot cheaper than going to the Netherlands!
  • MichelleWagner50
    MichelleWagner50 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    amymeenie...
    You will love Holland! I live not far from there and it is a cute town. Make sure to go to the state park and check out the beach! Beautiful!!:flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    amymeenie...
    You will love Holland! I live not far from there and it is a cute town. Make sure to go to the state park and check out the beach! Beautiful!!:flowerforyou:

Thanks for the tip...I'm very excited. Lol, when I mentioned it to my boyfriend the other day, he must have been sleepy because he replied, "but I don't have a passport".:laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going on our very first cruise in August! It's our 17th anniversary. We are going to Jamaica, Grand Caymens and Cozumel. I am sooooooooooooo excited.

Memaw
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are going on our very first cruise in August! It's our 17th anniversary. We are going to Jamaica, Grand Caymens and Cozumel. I am sooooooooooooo excited.

Memaw
    I'm jealous!!!! :smile:

we have a few short trips planned. Nothing too crazy...

:drinker: Spending the next 3 nights on the beach in Waikiki (not really vacation since it's only 20 minutes from our house, but we'll be staying in a hotel on the beach and we'll be pretending to be tourists) :laugh:

:drinker: 2 weeks off of work, once again staying here, but we're having family visit, so once again will be playing tourist

:drinker: A trip to visit family in Florida in July

:drinker: A weekend trip to the Big Island

:drinker: A weekend trip to Kauai

:drinker: And last but not least...an extended vacation in the sandbox (Oh wait, that is NOT a vacation) :noway:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options

Memaw

:drinker: Spending the next 3 nights on the beach in Waikiki (not really vacation since it's only 20 minutes from our house, but we'll be staying in a hotel on the beach and we'll be pretending to be tourists) :laugh:

:drinker: 2 weeks off of work, once again staying here, but we're having family visit, so once again will be playing tourist

:drinker: And last but not least...an extended vacation in the sandbox (Oh wait, that is NOT a vacation) :noway:
    Why are you jealous? you live in frickin' Hawaii!!!! I am jealous of you!!!!
  • xsargex
    Options

Memaw

Correction: Afghanistan and/or Iraq....best free, all expenses paid, tax-payer funded vacation anyone could ever want.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Memaw

Correction: Afghanistan and/or Iraq....best free, all expenses paid, tax-payer funded vacation anyone could ever want.

:laugh: I guess...

But I did forget one more....for our R&R Trip we're planning on 2 weeks in Europe!
  • xsargex
    Options

Memaw

:laugh: I guess...

But I did forget one more....for our R&R Trip we're planning on 2 weeks in Europe!

ha! I'm not gonna be able to authorize that. You'll have to spend that 2 weeks in Qatar or UAE. Take your pick amongst the litter (pun intended).
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

Memaw
    i;m jealous too!:laugh: :laugh: :happy:
    i plan to go on a cruise, someday!
    but i get sea sick. :sick: :sick: i wonder if that would be a problem?
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm off to St. Andrews New Brunswick in two weeks with a stop in Quebec City for a few days on the way there. I'm so excited!!! It's my bf's and mine first trip together(and we've been together almost two years) My whole family is going, I can't wait!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Going to the beach - where I LOVE to be! only 7 nights this year - but money's tighter than it's been and it will still be great. Going to Myrtle Beach SC - the Redneck Riviera! Gotta love it!

Next year my daughter wants us to take her on a cruise after she graduates...looking forward to that too
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    ha! I'm not gonna be able to authorize that. You'll have to spend that 2 weeks in Qatar or UAE. Take your pick amongst the litter (pun intended).

at least in Qatar you will get your 2 beers a day!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Its always nice when you come back and do your taxes though!!!!:bigsmile: :happy: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • xsargex
    Options

at least in Qatar you will get your 2 beers a day!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Its always nice when you come back and do your taxes though!!!!:bigsmile: :happy: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

haha...it is nice to come home, file your taxes and be free 'n clear.