Tell me about your HRM

Options
I am planning on getting a new one (as of now I have a very basic monitor). I am willing to spent $100-200 but I'm always weary about making a bad choice. Anyone have an awesome heart rate monitor they love? I am mostly concerned with getting an accurate calorie count.

Replies

• Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome one. Suunto T3d. I'll send some info over two you that I put together for another friend.
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    Polar FT4 all the way. It's even less than $100 on Amazon. It's amazingly accurate and the chest strap is comfortable and easy to care for. I'm sure a lot of people here in the forums will have the same one :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F4 and I paid $90 out the door on Amazon.com 'cause it was on sale AND they don't charge tax. It's your best bet!
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I have a polar FT7. I love it.

That being said, Consumer Reports Magazine just did an article on heart rate monitors if you want to check that out. And you have to figure out what you want to use it for.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Another vote for Polar FT4. I love it to death
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    I ahve the Polar FT4 and love it....It came with chest strap also!!! I had recently got one from Wal-Mart for about $35 dollar and it sucked...So I post this same question to my friends on here and most people have the Polar FT4.... I was told to go to bodytronics.com and I paid about $65..Don' regret buying it at all...
    i
  • cdcurrie
    cdcurrie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 (it has a chest strap) that I ordered off E-bay. (~ $118 US) It was cheaper (even with the $40+ shipping and handling fee to buy it off line than it was to buy from the Store. I love it! It tracks calories, heart rate, target zone, time and keeps the information in data files. one of MFP friends recommended it as she had the same one. Good luck.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 chest strap model. They run around $70 at Target and online - I found mine on eBay for $26. :bigsmile: Works great!

I recently found both the New Balance and the Polar featured in a running issue of Outside magazine - both were highly recommended. Search for the various models on Amazon & read all the customer reviews - great info there. And if you're on a budget, figure out which model or models you want, then check for new items on eBay. Might have to be patient if you want the best deal, but you never know. Just make sure it's advertised as new and comes with instructions, and that the seller takes returns, just in case.

Good luck! I love my HRM - can't imagine exercising without it now!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Polar FT4. I love it to death

Me too! I paid $150 CAD at the store and it has a chest strap. I use it for P90X, walking, even swimming. I LOVE it!
  • CMorin2105
    CMorin2105 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Polar ft4!! I'm in love with mine :)
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    Went out and got the ft4 today! Thanks all! Can't wait to put it to use!
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The Polar FT4 and FT7 are great models. I switched to the FT40 in order to be able to update my profile's V02Max in the watch, which is crucial to giving you more accurate estimates of caloric burn.