is cottage cheese an acquired taste?

Options

Replies

• Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I love it, but recently my store was out of the one I like (Knudsen aka Breakstone lowfat small curd) so I ended up with Daisy brand. It was awful - watery with uniform pellets that reminded me of beanbag stuffing. I threw it out. So there are gross ones out there.
  • misslilylou
    misslilylou Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I hate it too!! Mostly because of the texture. BLECHHHHH. Probably the only dairy product I don't like! lol
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    always thought i hated it, but had only tried the fat-free kind.

When i tried the 4%, i found it to be pretty yummy.... It's still a very good nutrition to calorie ratio.

I figured once i got used to it I'd step down gradually, I only got as low as 2%
  • lgomez75
    lgomez75 Posts: 115
    Options
    Gag. Yes, I can relate...and as a mom of three who continuously preaches to try new things...I feel it my job to model.

I have the borden brand.
    Prolly wont eat it in front of the boys...you know...cuz they can spot a faker a mile away.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Like it now - with some Hidden Valley Ranch dressing dry mix added to improve taste.

But it is indeed right next to the gag-reflex for me too. Now matter how great something tastes, if that goes off, forget it.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I can't stand it. Nor can I stand greek yogurt. Yuck and double yuck!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i can't get past the look .. so no clue what it taste like
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Not all cottage cheese are created equal: the best is Breakstones. . and the best Breakstone's is LiveActive. It costs, but it's yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy yummy
  • lgomez75
    Options
    I can't stand it. Nor can I stand greek yogurt. Yuck and double yuck!

love this!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have always loved it. My 2 year old loves it.

My husband despises it and my 5 year old won't touch it with a 10 foot pole lol

It's all about preference
  • jodyb23
    jodyb23 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I hated it as a kid but now enjoy it but only if it's sweetened. A bit of an odd thing I like is to blend it up with frozen berries and a little sf sweetener. It's almost the consistency of frozen yoghurt and you'd never guess it's cottage cheese.
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I honestly can't eat it at all, and I hated it as a child as well. It's the texture, honestly...so gross.
  • lgomez75
    Options
    so CC update...had some this am with sugar free peaches and it was ok.
    found out if i eat CC im more compelled to drink water (to wash it down)...so win win situation.
  • stefanilee8
    Options
    I can only eat it if it's mixed with fruit..... It def has a funky texture to it......
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    I never liked it until I forced myself to have it when I needed more calcium intake when I was pregnant. Now I love it, my fave though is with peaches on top of it.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I believe that it is. I love cottage cheese & yogurt, but I have heard many people say they cannot stomach either. *Kanye Shrug*
  • lgomez75
    Options
    I believe that it is. I love cottage cheese & yogurt, but I have heard many people say they cannot stomach either. *Kanye Shrug*

love the shrug!!!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese with pineapple is one of my favourites.

The Co-op one is yummy - tried Tesco version yesterday and it was a bit watery in comparison.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    It is definitely a texture thing. It took me awhile to get used to it.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    It grosses me out. Everything about it. Ish!!!