Starting Insanity tomorrow....Kinda nervous haha

Options
2»

Replies

• happinessforevercm
    Options
    I started today and let me say I failed miserably LOL

Well, the next time we do the fit test we wont be able to say that! :) I am nervous for it lol
  • ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 wks into INSANITY and my quads are sore on a daily basis. Ridiculous.
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I love Insanity! I'm on week 3 and I actually look forward to my daily workout (coming from a girl who use to despise going to the gym). I recommend that you stretch for a couple of minutes before the warm up and ALWAYS stretch at the end. Also, as dare2love81 says above, don't get discouraged if you have to take extra breaks. They don't call it Insanity for nothing!

And be sure to drink a recovery formula. You can buy protein shakes or powders but I recommend chocolate milk. Compared to water, or most sports drinks, it has double the carbohydrate and protein content, perfect for replenishing tired muscles. Its high water content replaces fluids lost as sweat, preventing dehydration. Plus it packs a nutritional bonus of calcium, and includes just a little sodium and sugar -- additives that help you regain energy, plus it's a lot cheaper.

I was skeptical at first but here is a site to back it up...
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/327924-chocolate-milk-as-a-recovery-drink/
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    What we need to do, is get a bunch of people to start on the same day. If we could get a group going, get a "start" date, and post before pictures.

Then post midway pictures, and than final pictures. I would reset my Insanity to do this!

I would so do this!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity and I loved it. I would also suggest to do alot of stretching and load up on protien. Also if I was to tell anyone anything about this work out is that it is crazy rough on the knees and joints. Try to land softly and try to work out on a mat if you can.
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Beachbody makes a Recovery drink that is outstanding.
  • Brendajoy74
    Brendajoy74 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have Insanity and for starters the fit test is insane! My 16 yr old daughter who runs six miles had to use her inhaler during that! I like Insanity, however I can see where it could be bothersome for those with back, spine or neck problems. It is an intense workout which I am sure allows people to tone and burn fat. Good luck!
  • KateJP12
    KateJP12 Posts: 4
    Options
    I started today! The fit test is no joke!

hey Mee too! :)
  • KateJP12
    Options
    im down!
  • KateJP12
    Options
    What we need to do, is get a bunch of people to start on the same day. If we could get a group going, get a "start" date, and post before pictures.

Then post midway pictures, and than final pictures. I would reset my Insanity to do this!

I would so do this!

Same
  • jademh
    jademh Posts: 94
    Options
    I am actually going to be starting ROUND 4 tomorrrow, lol yes I'm addicted.

You can add me for motivation/tips/support.

drink lots of water, make sure you get a good stretch, consume more protein, and that's basically it. you'll be sore the first week but that's about it. it is intense but BEST WORKOUT EVER :D

good luck!!
  • iziekate
    iziekate Posts: 2
    Options
    Me too! :-) I am actually on week two but I would restart to be with a group!
  • InsaneReidy
    Options
    Started Insanity on Monday and my calves are insanely tight and burn lol. Even the fit test killed me on first day! now on day four and am overly happy its recovery day!! Even though my cardio has improved already.

Extra stretches for calves and ibuprofen is a must for this workout.
    Fight through the pain and determination not to miss a single day, cant wait to see results at the end even though my camera is bust and cant take a before pic im sure the results will be noticeable.

Anyone doing this workout is a soldier GOOD LUCK!!!!!!