couch 2 5k plans/apps

Options
I found a couch to 5k plan online, but I can't figure out which app follows that plan. I didn't realize that a lot of them do run/walk intervals. The plan I found has you walk 5, run 2, walk 5. The run time gradually increases over the 9-10 weeks.
Here is a link with the plan:
www.fromcouchto5k.com/articles/training/the-couch-to-5k-training-plan/
If i can't find a corresponding app, i can switch, I was just hoping to stay with the plan I'm on.
Does anyone know?
Thanks!

Replies

• danapenguin
    danapenguin Posts: 161
    Options
    i am doing this and i am not using an app. i simply use a stopwatch =)
  • cejubitz
    cejubitz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning week 4 of a couch to 5k program. I am using the NHS couch to 5k podcast, they are all free, and I like them. Free is important! Good music and coaching. Go look on iTunes
  • bdubs125
    bdubs125 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    lol I've been picking music that corresponds to the timing as well, I just thought I'd see if I could find an app for it, as there seems to be one for everything else.
  • amoswell
    amoswell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use a couch to 5k app on my ipod....LOVE IT!!! I am not a runner AT ALL and never have been. I am on week 3 and feeling very good. It was a 99 cent app....it has a picture of a blue couch on it. I noticed there were several, but this was the one that went with the program that was created I believe. I also love that it's so easy to play your music while running and then the music will fade as your trainer tells you its time to run/walk. Also, if you have a smart phone with gps tracker it will track your distance so that you can log that each time. I just go by time though!
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    you can do a podcast or app! podcasts tend to have cheesy music to run too though. i have the ease into 5k app it had a green circle with a lil white stick figure running and says 5k in grey, you can add your own music to it, and it will ding each time you need to change your pace, i love it!
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    it also has gps, and it will tell you your distance, pace, and it can show you a map with the route you took
  • bdubs125
    bdubs125 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've looked into the Ease into 5k. If I can't find what I'm looking for I may do that one.

@amoswell, I see lots of blue shoes but no blue couches. what was the specific name?
  • romath
    romath Posts: 2
    Options
    I use the free runkeeper app. It has GPS too, for distance. You program your couch to 5k intervals into it, very easy to do, and then it tells you when to speed up and when to slow down. The best part? you can have your own playlist/music playing and the "coaching" just speaks over it when it's time to change. I create a new "coaching" for each week on the program. Plus, you can use the app when just going for a walk/run and don't need the interval coaching. That way you can still get GPS info and use your own music.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I used the c25kfree app on my iPhone. Worked great and allows you to use your own music playlist if you want - the music mutes when the voice prompts to run or walk come through. I put my phone in an armband and off I went!
  • carleyfunk
    carleyfunk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am using a website that does it in 5 weeks. It is a walk and run intervals. So far I love it. Just starting week 2.
  • ashbergum
    ashbergum Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use the 5K runner app. It is very simple, tells you when to walk, when to run. When you're halfway done and need to start going back home. Can play your music or listen to Pandora while using the app. :)

And I just bought the Ease into 5K one... don't like it.. Not as simple as the other. You have to buy the calorie tracker and pace tracker separate for another $.99 plus the $2.99....
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning week 4 of a couch to 5k program. I am using the NHS couch to 5k podcast, they are all free, and I like them. Free is important! Good music and coaching. Go look on iTunes

I've got this on my iPhone aswell haven't started using it yet, I think because of the weather being awful at the moment it's putting me off!!