Pain in chest/breast (seen doc but no help)

Options
2»

Replies

• DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    Does it feel like it's the muscle/loose skin or actually deeper in your chest?
  • CanDurkin
    CanDurkin Posts: 63
    Options
    I see a Chiropractor on an off and on basis. Basically I wait until I'm in a lot of pain before I make an appointment. My last trip I went in because I was having a lot of discomfort in and around my sternum. I would wake up in the morning and feel like someone had hit me in the chest with a hammer while I was sleeping. After my regular adjustment my Doc started to feel around for any problems around my sternum and told me I actually had 4 ribs out of alignment. A few adjustments later and I was good as new. Since then I've noticed that I've started slouching more at my desk while working and that is probably the culprit. She told me to do chest presses and lat pulls to help stabilize those particular ribs. Anyway having ribs out can be extremely painful, but an easy problem to fix if you're open to seeing a Chiro. Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering about this today! I have intermittent pain around the top part of my ribs, and I think it's a pinched nerve because it does feel like a needle is stabbing me there.
    On Saturday night I unfortunately looked up my symptoms on webmd ( wouldn't recommend that. ever.), and it had all sorts of scary suggestions like pulmonary embolism. But I'm not coughing blood so evidently it's not that!
    Anyway, I am thankful for this post and the replies!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A rib out of joint can cause that kind of pain, I know, I've experienced it more than once. It can also give you a sharp pain when you breath. See a chiropractor! :smile:

^^^^THIS. Very painful
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I got a similar pain in my breast after a mamogram. I had to go back for a second view and told the technition. She said she never heard of such a thing. It took a while to go away. Like a couple months. I wish I could tell you an answer. I hope you get better soon.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    You could have costochondritis: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

I have this condition and it comes and goes. Sadly for me, it does not go away forever but it is manageable. Find a chiropractor or go to another doctor and ask them about it.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I agree with the sprained/strained opinion, but also, it could possibly chostocondritis (sp?) which is an inflammation of the chest wall. I've had both strains and the inflammation and I know it's uncomfortable as hell and a bit scary.
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use to get the problem all the time when I was younger (or at least a similar problem)... for a long time, between the ages of 13-18 I thought I was having mini heart attacks.
    I didn't find the answer until I was in my late teens and started attending theatre school. For me, the pain was caused by the muscles in between my ribs being too tight (often happens during puberty, due to chest growth, and starting new upper body workouts). The muscles joining tissues between the ribs are often ignored and if you don't stretch them properly, and work them hard, they get sore, tight and knot up. In school they showed us some great stretches and ways of massaging between the ribs. Definitely something your physio can sort out for you, I'd also recommend a deep tissue message if you aren't shy about having your chest rubbed.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    You could have costochondritis: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

I have this condition and it comes and goes. Sadly for me, it does not go away forever but it is manageable. Find a chiropractor or go to another doctor and ask them about it.

Me too! It's so uncomfortable, painful at times.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    4 Days? Is it possible you pulled the muscle getting the cart moving for Eddie at weight pull on saturday? It took alot of effort to get the 412kg cart moving.

It was definitely already there on saturday morning before the weight pull, but I could have made it worse there, the cart was pretty hard to pull
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Does it feel like it's the muscle/loose skin or actually deeper in your chest?

It feels more like the muscle loose skin floppy kind of closeish to my underarm I guess, its not deeper in my chest