30 DAY SHRED-MAY

Options
Is anyone interested in this??

I started at the beginning of April but lost track because I got sick several times in a row and couldn't find the motivation to do so, but I really want to do it and complete it!

Who's with me!

We can post our stats here as well, or not, but you need to calculate your inches before so you know how well you did.
I'm not going to hide my stats! I want something to hold me accountable! LOL

Anyone want to join????? Until then, I'll keep dancing with my wii (which burns MAD CALORIES btw)

Replies

• aiwich
    aiwich Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! started many times but never got to finish. ive been sick a lot this month too but im feeling much better now so im ready to start. ill be starting at the end of the week. but if im totally healthy even sooner.
  • CeeRawr89
    CeeRawr89 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've been way sick, I've been lacking the motivation to restart for this month, so I've been walking and dancing for my exercise.
    I lack motivation, and I have a lot of procrastination skills going toward it. ha ha
  • Microfiber_wechange
    Options
    There's also a group here if you need questions answering. A bunch of us started 8 days ago. We are 2 days away from completing Level 1 :drinker:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/4910-30-day-shred-starts-mon-april-16th-2012
  • xchinad0ll
    xchinad0ll Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thats exactly what happened to me!! =[ im in though
  • fruitsalad15
    fruitsalad15 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've already started the 30DS and love it - just a quick question - you have put that dancing on the wii burns mad calaries - do you use a HRM to know that or do you put it in as something on here? I ask because I regularly do just dance on my wii and never know how to put the calories down! thanks!
  • aiwich
    aiwich Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    ive just been walking past few weeks cause i had a terrible cough. but im much better now. i think in few days ill be totally fine to do some good exercise. and its finally time to move past level 1 :D hehehehe
    i looove dancing too but not doing much of that lately also..... grrrrr... at least i have my food back on track, just need to add exercise.
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    I've already started the 30DS and love it - just a quick question - you have put that dancing on the wii burns mad calaries - do you use a HRM to know that or do you put it in as something on here? I ask because I regularly do just dance on my wii and never know how to put the calories down! thanks!
    I've been searching for a way to do it, and actually came up with the formula, the sweat points are not equal to a calorie. It's really neat.
    For every 4.2 sweat points is a calorie burned.

For example, if you get 300 sweat points during a song, you've just burned 71 calories. And that's also if you are actually doing the moves and getting into it, because the wii is creepy and knows if you are actually doing stuff... haha

ETA: I found the formula here, MFP through google. Because I was convinced I was burning more than just regular dancing.
  • xNJAx
    xNJAx Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in...as long as the DVD arrives in time!! I'm ordering the box set from Amazon. Can't wait to get started!! :D

Natalie x
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    I'm definitely in...as long as the DVD arrives in time!! I'm ordering the box set from Amazon. Can't wait to get started!! :D

Natalie x
    Awesome!
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    Next question, how will we do this? Ongoing thread? New thread? official start day?
  • Husky000
    Husky000 Posts: 6
    Options
    i dnt no wot this 30 day shred is but i wana no can sum1 explain x
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    i dnt no wot this 30 day shred is but i wana no can sum1 explain x
    Jillean Michaels work out DVD :)
    20 minutes a day, circuit training for beginners, pretty much.
    3 sets of 5 minute circuits
  • knkmfp
    knkmfp Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'll join - I'm doing level 1 at the moment, but going on holiday at beginning of May so will have to pick it up again when I come back. Are we going to start a group for this , or just keep it here?
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!!! I bought 30 Day Shred and then got a crazy sinus infection. Snce then.....Ugh... whatever... I've been way to chicken s**t to begin. Maybe with others I will stop being such a nerd and just give in and do it.
  • sunnie326
    sunnie326 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Can someone please help me?? Just did my very 1st 30 ds workout but do not know how to log it into my exercises!!!
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been searching for a way to do it, and actually came up with the formula, the sweat points are not equal to a calorie. It's really neat.

For example, if you get 300 sweat points during a song, you've just burned 71 calories. And that's also if you are actually doing the moves and getting into it, because the wii is creepy and knows if you are actually doing stuff... haha

ETA: I found the formula here, MFP through google. Because I was convinced I was burning more than just regular dancing.
    This exchange totally helped me. Answers in great unexpected places
  • CeeRawr89
    Options

This exchange totally helped me. Answers in great unexpected places
    Glad we could help :D
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    We can keep it here, or I can make a group on facebook and make it open, until May, and I'll post a link, and we'll check in every day.
    Sooo, vote, Keep it here, or have a group?
  • hwillia1
    hwillia1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of the 30 day shred. Have just started it again after having a baby. I'm so unfit compared to this time last year. Its a good short workout though as I haven't got the time to go to the gym anymore. Just doing the shred and trying to walk everywhere.
  • CeeRawr89
    Options
    Can someone please help me?? Just did my very 1st 30 ds workout but do not know how to log it into my exercises!!!
    I read on another thread to input it as 20 minutes of circuit training, it tends to be very close to what the calories burned are...