Travelling

Options
I travel for business every week Monday through Thursday. I feel that this is a HUGE disadvantage to my diet.

Does anyone have any tips for travellers who are forced to eat out often? (Know any fast food places that have healthy options?)

Any tricks of the trade that I may not know about?

Ways to avoid drinking at night with coworkers??

I appreciate any advice/help I can get.

Replies

• eednic
    eednic Posts: 3
    Options
    I read an article recently on yahoo featuring 500 calories (or less) fast food options.

http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/33105/the-best-fast-food-meals-under-500-calories/

Maybe this will help!

When you travel, are there ever microwaves in your room? I like to take Healthy Choice Fresh Mixers along with me if I'm going to have a microwave in my room, because they don't need to be kept cold. And also I take fruit snacks along (apples, clementines, etc.)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Only trick I have is oatmeal. Use the coffee maker to run through some hot water (may need to run a few cycles to clean it first) and then mix up some oatmeal in the mug.

Taking along food is good too. Things like meal replacement bars, fruit, granola etc. At the restaurant (hotel or otherwise) order a la carte (sp?). Just ask for a chicken breast and some steamed veggies. It's ok to be 'That Person' when you tip well for it and compliment the chef.

I'd say go ahead and go out with co-workers, just put limits on yourself. Instead of drinking alcohol, get some iced tea or something. Not as fun, but we have to choose what's more important to us. Sometimes, in my case, the alcohol wins lol. Find something that is healthy, yet still a treat for you to enjoy when you go out with co-workers. Something you like but never buy for yourself.

Buffalo is my going out treat. I don't buy it for the house- hello expensive! :noway: But when I go out- look out Mr. Buffalo! Gives me something to look forward to without breaking the calorie bank.