Spaghetti Squash Recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    If you go to skinnytaste.com and search for Spaghetti Squash Lasagna you won't regret it. It was so good. Just drain the squash really well or it gets a little watery. Still yummy.
    Yummy~:smile:
  • bytemeeeeee
    bytemeeeeee Posts: 174
    Options
    I just tried making one a few months ago and it came out great!! Basically what you do is cut it in half length wise and scoop the seeds out. Flip them upside down on a cookie sheet and bake it at 350° for an hour I think. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes and scape out the insides. Add butter, salt, and pepper and you can eat it straight or add spaghetti sauce if you want.
    I love the above too!...You can also add a little extra virgin olive oil...some chopped basil and a lil parmasean...Soooooo deeeeeelish!:smile: The only pain I find is cutting the darn thing....

Do you have an electric knife? That is how I cut mine and it works awesome!

Thank you for the tip!:happy:
  • lovep90x
    lovep90x Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • happy_hillery
    Options
    Put it in the microwave as many have suggested. The oven is fantastic, but sometimes takes a bit too long. Once you've microwaved it, it shreds to look just like spaghetti. I toss with a bit of butter and lemon infused sea salt and use as a side dish. You can also mix it with fresh crushed tomatos and some turkey sausage. I am not a fan of using spagghetti sauce with it. It's a bit heavy on the squash. I do like it with a parsely pesto though. You really cannot hurt it. Just go with what feels right.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bumpitty bump.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    olive oil salt pepper