Going to Ruby's....Help!!

Options
swarla
swarla Posts: 105 Member
I promised my little sister I would take her out to eat wherever she wanted, and she picked Ruby's, which I've heard doesn't have a very healthy menu. Still, I can't back out now.

So does anyone have some good suggestions for what I should order? It would be GREATLY appreciated! :happy:

Replies

• Bunnies_Revenge
    Options
    Just get the salad bar with water.
  • firepixie
    firepixie Posts: 65
    Options
    see if they have a menu online with the nutritional info. if they don't, phone them and see if they will fax or will fax or email their menu to you and any nutritional info they have. That way you can plan ahead. Failing that, only eat 1/2 of what you order (get a take out container 1st thing), get you salad dressing on the side and don't eat the bread if there is any, or limit yourself to 1. I have never heard of ruby's, but I am in canada. I hope you enjoy your dinner!
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Ruby's as in Ruby Tuesday or is there a place called Ruby's? Sorry if this is a dumb question. :wink:
  • tiff1632
    tiff1632 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If I order anything off a menu I look for the "KEY" words that tells Yes/No. Creamy/Buttery/Cheesy (we know them...) that would be a no for me. But! Grilled/Steamed/Saute all Yes!! And if you do, tell them you don't want ANY oil or butter on your meat (they do soak meat before it gets to the table so it "looks nice and taste better")
    I like to get grilled (blacken) chicken with steamed veggies with a garden side salad. Hold all sauces, but with a side of vinegar or mustard.
    AND most important ... PORTION CONTROL!! If I know it is going to be too much, I ask for a doggie bad ASAP. You can still eat out and have a great time with friends, but you just have to remember if it is REALLY REALLY tasty...they likely put saucy stuff on it that is a no go!
    Enjoy your day!:flowerforyou:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Here's their smart eating menu.

http://www.rubytuesdays.com/menu/smartEating.asp
  • swarla
    swarla Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yep Ruby Tuesday =) I looked up a few of their menu items and oh my gosh! 750 calories for a burger, not to mention fries....
    Thanks for all the great suggestions, they're definitely going to come in handy when I'm staring down at that menu. I'll be choosing something from the smart eating list.

Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I went there last night for dinner! :-D I got the petite sirloin with mashed taters, broccoli, and mushrooms added. I had a very small salad (cause it comes with the amazing salad bar) and fed a TON of grapes, tomatoes, and cottage cheese to my 18 month old son. :laugh: He usually gets the salad bar part as his meal since he never wants what we get him off the menu. haha Then, I packaged up half of my meal and had it for lunch today. Half my meal was about 350 calories, not including the salad bar. I had saved up for dinner (about 600 calories) so I knew I was good with the small salad that I had. It was SUPER yummy! I LOVE ruby tuesday.