Created a "Bad dinner" listing,,,

Options
CasperO
CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
Created a "Bad dinner" listing,,,

Does this make sense? I go to a church men's group thing one wednesday night a month. Interesting stuff, lotsa fun. Can't tell you gals all the lowlife stuf we get into at the He-man-woman-hater's club (Hehehe).

The host will make something in a pot - Chili/soup/borscht/whatever - and each other feller brings a goody of some sort or some beer or something. Lotsa finger food stuff. I usually cube a pound of swiss cheese and put it on a plate w/some dijon mustard.

I usually log my intake pretty religiously (worst pun ever?), but on this one occasion I honestly have no idea what I eat. I know it's pretty rough, and I don't really care. It's one $&%'in meal a month, with my pals, with no estrogen wafting in the air :flowerforyou: .

However - I don't want to totally hose my little charts, So - what I did was create a meal called "Men's group gnoshing" and just loaded it up @ 500 calories at 1/3 Carb - 1/3 fat - 1/3 protein. On thursday morning, once the hangover backs off a bit, I go ahead and log it in. If I really walked out stuffed I maybe log 1.25 or even 1.5 servings. I do keep track of my beers. :drinker:

Make sense? Will I die? Will I gain that 50 lbs back?

((Donning flameproof coveralls)) :bigsmile:

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll die from guesstimating what you had at those dinners, but I can't believe you haven't burst in the flames from getting drunk at a church mens group! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Since it is a once a month thing and the remainder of the time you are eating well and exercising.......I presume, I don't think it will hurt you that bad............

You gotta live and have a life right???

Enjoy yourself with your testerone and don't hate on the estrogens too much!! LOL :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's a great way to log it! One night a month will not kill you or hurt your results...it just makes you human! So enjoy your woman hating fun eating and drinking night!!! Just don't be too bad, it is a church group!!! :laugh:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I don't think you'll die from guesstimating what you had at those dinners, but I can't believe you haven't burst in the flames from getting drunk at a church mens group! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    I was thinking the same thing, church group + beer??? Hmmmm what kind of church do you go to? LOL
  • CasperO
    Options
    UU - Unitarian Universalist

It's a fun kind'a church, a little different. The drunken/hangover stuff is a joke - nobody gets drunk, but we're grownups and we enjoy a brewski with our convo.
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Maybe he is Catholic..........

I know Catholic functions have lots and lots of alcohol!!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing, church group + beer??? Hmmmm what kind of church do you go to? LOL

A lot of churches say it is not wrong to drink................And I firmly believe that too.

The sin comes in and makes it wrong when you drink yourself into a drunken stuper and are no longer in control of your own actions............or you abuse alcohol.

Sounds like they are responsible grown men, nothing wrong with that.
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I wish I could find a source.. errgh.
    I have read though, that once a month or so, you actually should have a little splurge. If you eat proper , just enough, proportions all the time, your metabolism adapts and is used to that. When you go into calorie overload, or throw it an ice cream sundae or something you wouldn't normally, it actually " excites" your metabolism a little. Kicks it into over gear. Don't know how over gear, but even a little.

A 500-750cal gnosh fest dinner for a full grown man can't be too bad? I mean, that can't even be half your daily calories, so I'm sure there's no real harm done, as long as its once a month and not once a week :p
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I like this idea for our once a month Bunco group! I might try it, thanks for the idea! By the way, that is an ALL ESTROGEN group. We balance each other out!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options

LOL I was thinking the same thing. HAHAHA!
  • CasperO
    Options
    Kim - I was thinking the same thing. A little shake-up is a good thing.

My net calorie allwance is about 1600, and I earn an extra 400 on the elliptical every morning,,, so ya', 600-700 for dinner isn't that far out of line.

It's not really an issue of massive pig-out. More an issue of "I had 1/3rd serving of 14 dishes and there's no way I'm gonna remember it all or sort it out and I'm not taking notes while trying to enjoy my friends" - so I just did this as a "close enough" thing.

Pniana - Bunco,,, heard of it. Ya', potlucks are fun. Potlucks thrown by UU men are a riot. You never know what you're gonna get. Hummus is actually pretty good on a pork rind,,, :laugh: