Non-gym goers motivation

Options
I'm not a member of the local gym. Maybe I will join one day, but for now I prefer to exercise for free.
I snowboard and I run. They're both easy for me to motivate myself to do. Any strength exercises however, I might do once and then never again. I'm the girl that did day one of 30DS and no more.
So to my fellow non-gym goers, I ask how to you motivate yourself?

Replies

• ravihira1892
    ravihira1892 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    1. a motivational movie seems to help.
    2. reading articles/information on health & fitness
    3. music
    4. a role model celebrity etc.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I have a tumblraccount and read a lot of fitspoblogs and collect pics that represent my goalweight, dreambody etc. When ever I dont feel like working out I just go through the pics and it reminds me to keep my eye on the target.
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    I don't care to work out in groups, it's just not me. In the winter I do go run at the YMCA because my daughters are both on the swim team and I have to take them in 4 times a week for practice anyway, but I NEVER lift weights there. Partly because the guys all look at me like "why is a girl doing that?" Anyway, I do strength on my own. I started with a few apps that put together circuits for me. Then I decided to get the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I am almost done with week 2. I hate it but I like it. I agree with the post about motivation on tumblr although I use pintrest. I seem to pin tons of sayings and workouts and strong girls I want to look like. It's crazy how just reading and getting excited for fitness can motivate. I also joined a local group that posts on FB their strength exercises, I want to keep up so I do them and post!
  • Angie0rtiz
    Options
    Honestly....take off your clothes and look at yourself in the mirror.

I dont like what I see when Im in my Bday suit! I know how to hide it good with cloth on, but once they come off... I get angry and NO! I want to change!
    Work something different out everyday, and schedule it (eg: Day 1: Shoulders/arms; Day2: Core: Day 3 Buns n thighs)...

I cant afford a gym membership so I do everything at home. It gets tough and boring sometimes but then I catch a glimse after the shower...LOL and you know the rest!