Negative-*****y-Unhappy-Complaining People

thomassd1969
thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
Ok here is the deal, I have about had it with people in my life that complain, *****, carry on like no one else has problems but them. They expect the people around them to listen and be their sounding boards. It is dragging my down and I am sick of it! Does anyone else have this issue? and if so what do you do about it? Its not just as easy as stop talking to them or cut them out of my life either.
Sorry for the venting.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    Pot, meet kettle.
  • Learn to leave it with them and get on with your promoting your positive self. Like begets like.... the more positive you are the more positive people you will attract. And those you can't get rid of, sometimes just saying something like "oh, that must be awful" will quiet them - just looking for recognition most of the time. At least that's my 2 cents! :-)

Good luck!!
  • thomassd1969
    I hate to say it but my own finacee' is the worst! He is so negative sometimes it just drags me down. I try to fix things so he is happy but my gosh I cant do it all the time.
  • I hate to say it but my own finacee' is the worst! He is so negative sometimes it just drags me down. I try to fix things so he is happy but my gosh I cant do it all the time.

Oh dear.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining...THAT is the worst.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    I don't have this problem, I deleted everyone off facebook that was negative and I discontinued talking to anyone in real life. Problem solved.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Everyone complains about something...you're complaining about others complaining.......lol

We all have negative moments.

That being said, if you don't like negative ppl then just get rid of them. Don't let others bring you down.
  • silcock69
    silcock69 Posts: 50
    I hate people who complain about complaining. /irony
  • thomassd1969
    Well hate is a very strong word, I was just want advice about how others handle this but guess thats obviously complaining so I'm ending this post.
    Thanks to those that responded positivly.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Well hate is a very strong word, I was just want advice about how others handle this but guess thats obviously complaining so I'm ending this post.
    Thanks to those that responded positivly.

Ignore them, it's not that difficult.
  • This clip brings me up every time, I am not a particularly religious gal but the message is strong and I think it will mean a lot to you now. I'm sure it will put a smile on your face too.

Have a wonderful day!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG498iLSVT4
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUrlLwMQdem0W775mxPOuVFX6nGBzqHow4xl9WBh4tI_EPjNDRb3uM-Bzl
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    I posted a quote this morning that fits for this thread....

"You must constantly ask yourself these questions: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me reading? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking? And most important, what do they have me becoming? Then ask yourself the big question: Is that okay? Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change." - Jim Rohn
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    I hate to say it but my own finacee' is the worst! He is so negative sometimes it just drags me down. I try to fix things so he is happy but my gosh I cant do it all the time.

Take it from me, it won't get better. :ohwell:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    My fiance tends to be a glass is half empty kinda guy and it frustrates me sometimes too. I just take a deep breath and try to help him see it from other possible viewpoints. He is slowly getting less negative but it sure is a process. If you are committed to him take a deep breath and help him see the positives instead of focusing on the negatives.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining who are complaining about the complainers....two more degrees and I'll reach Kevin Bacon \m/
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,173 Member
    I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining who are complaining about the complainers....two more degrees and I'll reach Kevin Bacon \m/

The people who complain about the complainers complaining about complainers complaining are the worst.
  • I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining...THAT is the worst.

The people who complain about the complainers complaining about complainers complaining are the worst.

I think my brain just exploded.... *twitches*
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member

No, the people who complain about the complaining complainers complaining about the aforementioned complaining complainers are the worst....and now look who showed up

Bacon.jpg
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    :laugh:
    Pot, meet kettle.