Weight-loss question

Euphonasia
Euphonasia Posts: 136
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
Last week I had a pretty surprising weight loss--I lost five pounds (some of which was undoubtedly water weight) and I'm curious as to whether or not anyone here has seen stagnant numbers or weight gain after such a major loss. I know that the body has to even itself out, but I was just curious as to what others have experienced so I can gain some kind of idea of what to expect, even though I know that everyone is different.

Replies

• ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    I had that kind of experience! I lost 6 lbs my first week, then the next weigh in, I was up 2 lbs! Weight for me is always kind of yo-yo ish so I try (much emphasis on the word TRY) not to let the scale get to me. I know that I'm working hard everyday (except Sunday) so eventually I'll see better results. I'm sure that's true for most everyone too!!! At least I hope so!!!
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Your body may fluctuate between a couple of pounds, so don't get too scared if you go up a pound or 2 (I am guilty of this :embarassed: ) As far as being stagnant or weight gain, that will all depend on how hard you continue to work out and how well your diet is...
  • kryoung
    kryoung Posts: 10
    That happens to me ALL the time.
    Women will fluctuate 5 pounds of water weight (gain and loss) from week to week. It does get confusing so I round it in the middle of the two numbers the scale is showing.

Now, if I pop on the scale - see the quick 4-5 pound loss - I don't run for a chocolate bar to reward myself - because IT WILL RETURN SO FAST.
This discussion has been closed.