Serious temptation issue . . .

MontanaGirl
MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
We have a guy where I work who brings donuts into work EVERY day!!! :noway:
Somedays, no prob passing them up. Even though I walk by them several times a day.
Somedays, like today, they haunt me from the 30 feet away that they are. They cry out to me. They scream my name. AAAAAAAARGGH. I have some sugar free hard candies (5 cals each) I can eat to help with the craving - they work pretty good but don't want to eat too many (usually only have 1 after lunch for that "sweet" to end the meal). Oh, help!!! This sure makes it a challenge some days when I'm trying so hard to lose weight!! I guess now, it's after noon, I can go put them in the fridge now so the sound of them calling my name will be muffled . . . :tongue:
Thanks for letting me vent!!!

Replies

• MontanaGirl
    We have a guy where I work who brings donuts into work EVERY day!!! :noway:
    Somedays, no prob passing them up. Even though I walk by them several times a day.
    Somedays, like today, they haunt me from the 30 feet away that they are. They cry out to me. They scream my name. AAAAAAAARGGH. I have some sugar free hard candies (5 cals each) I can eat to help with the craving - they work pretty good but don't want to eat too many (usually only have 1 after lunch for that "sweet" to end the meal). Oh, help!!! This sure makes it a challenge some days when I'm trying so hard to lose weight!! I guess now, it's after noon, I can go put them in the fridge now so the sound of them calling my name will be muffled . . . :tongue:
    Thanks for letting me vent!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I have a lady at work who does this too. drives me nuts bc it's just her and I and she knows I'm dieting.
  • MontanaGirl
    Yeah I hear you - right now there is only me, the location manager, 2 sales guys and 1 warehouse guy. Fortunately that means he is only here 2 days then a different warehouse guy is here 2 days, etc (3 warehouse guys) but in March they will all be here full time!! I also happen to be the only female here. No one to help with support much, just the guys saying "you haven't had your donut for the day yet!"
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    You need a mantra, STAT! Try one of my favorites on to see if it works for you:

- Failure is NOT an option!
    - Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!!! (This is a pretty common one!)
    - I'm worth it!

Do you remember the commercial that used to be on a while ago where it showed doughnuts or pastries stuck to peoples' toosh's or thighs? I think about that one a lot, too. Keeps things funny but in perspective.

You can avoid it...and if you can't, just send a nasty email to Mr. Doughnut. LOL
  • MontanaGirl
    I love that LOL! The donuts on the thigh or butt. :laugh: That, I think, will help. The mantra doesn't help on days like to day. For some reason, sometimes I can just say Nope, not gonna have it, and it's over with. Even if I have to say it everytime I walk by it, it's done until the next time. Somedays, today (must be PMS or stress!!) I can't get them off my mind!! The pic of it on my hiney did the trick though, as well as stuffing them in the fridge!

Unfortunately mr. evil donut man doesn't have e-mail! He also smokes about 3 packs a day and drinks at least 3 pots of coffee - mr health nut he's not and wouldn't care if I did say something. He eats about 4 of the donuts everyday he's here!! :sick: Kind of makes me queesy thinking about that. (not necessarily bad . . .)
  • Just when I get my mind right and eat a healthy dinner of steamed asparagus, carrots and mushrooms...I wake up and ruin it all. I started off by skipping breakfast so when I got to lunch I was hungrier than ever. I ate a salad 1/2 a tunafish sandwich and TWO...count em TWO ice cream bars...i don't care if they say no sugar added...I don't feel better about eating them...Now I feel guilty seeing as I consumed over 1/2 of my daily caloric intake in one meal...when 4 30 hits...i'm going to do my exercise...blah!
  • MontanaGirl
    Ugh - that's rough! Keep up the good work though. I bought some 100 calorie Dryers Ice Cream thingys last week. They're pretty good and somehow its easier for me to only eat 1 of them than ice cream bars, etc. I love ice cream! But need serious portion control :tongue:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I knew there was something wrong with your co-worker bringing donuts to work everyday!!!! He just wants to be loved so don't succumb to the temptation...:laugh: Instead, think about why in the world you would want to ruin your day with such a horrible food, if you want to call a doughnut "food". It is not to do anything good for your body. If there is something sweet that you REALLY enjoy and it is better for you eat it when the doughnut are calling your name...or chew a piece of gum or brush your teeth...the cravings will go away...and whatever you do DON'T drink coffee!!!! Then your body, well, your brain, will keep asking for that doughnut...Good luck!!!!
  • MontanaGirl
    Thanks for the encouragement!! I'm also drinking a cup of hot, herbal tea right now. That helps too!! Plus, I got cold and needed warming up . . . no hubby in sight and am at work after all :laugh:
  • Think of arteries all clogged up with junk.
This discussion has been closed.