Working so hard, gained 4 pounds

Options
13»

Replies

• jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago I had gained back all the weight I had originally lost. I had (at the time) stepped up my workout program and was working twice as hard. The 1st week I hit the scale totally deflated me. Then it turned around and I am losing now. (and faster)

Hang in there. It will work itself out. I read on here once that you should only weigh yourself ever 2-3 weeks or so because of this. Although it was hard to do, I kept on doing what I was doing and it has worked itself out.

Good luck!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ok, I thought about what everyone said and let it mill around my brain for awhile.

1) I modified my goal. I think it was too agressive. It's totally feasible that I've been starving my body.
    2 I'm not obsessed like someone said. I have been trying really hard and the scale was going the wrong way. I think it's healthy to ask for help/encouragement and try to figure out what you are doing wrong.
    3) I'm full. I ate steak for dinner. :tongue:
  • mtnbiker1
    mtnbiker1 Posts: 15
    Options
    As some others already mentioned, you may be under-eating. Also keep in mind that just because you gain weight it doesn't mean it's fat. It could be muscle, which is what you want if you actually are gaining. And don't weigh yourself more than once a week and do it preferably in the morning before you eat and its not a bad idea to invest in a body fat monitor and use it no more than once a week too. Good luck!
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Do not weigh the day after working out.
    So I can never weigh in?
    If you are going to freak out over some water weight, then no.
    I figure if I weigh in daily, and work out daily, I won't see any water weight gain, as the same excess will be there every day. Consistency is key.
  • CulleyMiller
    Options
    Jessie,
    Sometimes our bodies retain water. Sodium intake can be a culprit or you are NOT eating ENOUGH and your body is storing/going into starvation mode. I struggle with the same thing now & again & I get discourgaed and say screw it & I eat carbs...
    Remember your body is still trying to adjust since your surgery.Remember to weigh yourself at the same time everytime you get on the scale. I weigh in daily because it helps me remain aware of what I am doing. Sometimes I see 2 lbs more then a day or two later I am back down...Epsom salt baths help reduce water weight as well.
    DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED! You are doing GREAT!
  • CulleyMiller
    Options
    Pshh...cleaning house is a work out. You are climbing stairs & all...KEEP IT!
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'll add it back in. When you go from not being able to do anything to being able to clean house for 5 hours I think it's a serious work out. My body isn't used to doing anything.

Now I'm in the modd to soak in a long bath. I just need duct tape for the kids, I mean some epsom salt.
  • uvagirl
    uvagirl Posts: 4
    Options
    Dont give up and dont get down on yourself, keep track of everything you are eating and how much water you are drinking. If you would like add me as your fitness pal and i can show you what I have done to help me. Everyone loses in there own way and at diffrent paces. When I started my fitness program 5 years ago it was hard and at times I wanted to give up but having people around me helped and I also started off using the Beach Body workout Slim and 6. Now 5 years later I just became a beach body coach just so I can help people get fit and healthy and have fun while they do it.

:smile: