work competition : /

Options
today is day one of my month log competition at work. we are trying to see who can loose the most weight in %. well i am doing a half liquid / fruit/ and chicken or fish diet. Limiting the amount of carbs(bread and pasta) i intake. I am determined to win.! plus side of this is that my gym is right next door to my work. so i can get some good ole cardio in each and everyday. oooo yea.
down side of this: i love pasta.. hahaha
so rooooot for me.
ADD +++++ ME.

Replies

• Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to get in some strength training!!!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    What a strange competition to host in a workplace.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    you got this
  • mandag9008
    mandag9008 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

its not forced! were not making people do this! this is a competition for those who .want. to loose weight.
  • robynatk
    robynatk Posts: 38
    Options
    A weight loss competition at work is great! We had something like that once, it was fun and made it seem easier to lose weight! I stay at home now with my son, so no competition, but thats why I'm on this site now :) Good luck and I hope you win!!
  • JBurger2066
    JBurger2066 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is definitely some great motivation. We have similar programs here where I work. Just make sure you do it the right way. Mix in some strength training with that cardio work. Good luck!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options

its not forced! were not making people do this! this is a competition for those who .want. to loose weight.

Im not trying to be a poopy head, but these contests usually end badly. Sometimes the desire to win leads to poor health cboices. Good luck.
  • 4my2jays
    4my2jays Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Its done all the time. I know I've hosted several in prior workplaces myself and they were very successul. It got the employees involved in to healthier habits.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    try tofu shirataki noodles. They have about the same consistency of noodles without the calories/carbs - only 20 cal / serving.

There are a few threads on here about them. I love them!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    A competition just started at work for me yesterday. 4 servings of fruits and veggies a day,weight loss and steps. I want to win too!