How do you have fun without eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    So I realized over the weekend how much my idea of "fun" revolves around food. I love to cook. I love to go out to eat. I love to eat in general! And, really, with four kids I don't have time to go places much unless I go with them, so when I am at home, making or ordering-in food is our primary recreation.

Help, what do you do besides eat for fun?!

same problem, and its also involves having a drink or three .... LOL it is tough to do when everyone I know can eat what they want and stay slim.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, Im moving this weekend and Im all about building a fort in my room before... oh crap I have to buy a bed O_O
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    No, that's not right, there are plenty of other boring cities in the UK :D
  • DevilishDessert
    Options
    you can still eat out and have fun just lesson the portion sizes, and chose healthy places
    NEVER SUBWAY EWWW
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    Get hypnotherpy so that food is not the main focus of everything. I find gardening is a great distraction, I did alot of it last year when I quit smoking.....but then that is whole different story, I substituted smoking for food now I am having to substitute food for excercise.
  • dalmiechick45
    dalmiechick45 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    what I have been doing to improve my chances of weight loss with weekend cheats..

Outdoor activities

Mowing the lawn,
    Kayaking,
    Walking the dogs twice as much,
    staying BUSY... not nearly as much couch time as I used to have ....
    Invite friends to do outdoor and indoor activities.... wii is fun, kinect by xbaox 360... those types of activities are a riot with a good group of friends, and then you can feel gooa bout having your glass of wine ... just sitting and drinking and eating.... thats what my body doesn't respond well too

TV is great and all, but sucks the life out of you, I have figured out, I don't want to watch other ppl live... I want to live my own life :)

We also just do a tiny project per weekend now too, clean a certain room (better than the normal weekly run through is what I mean... even if it's planting an outdoor plant, and making little changes, I am finding it's helping...

I only gained 1 lbs this weekend haha instead of 4... and also, don't be too down on your self, baby steps...
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    rock climbing
    dancing
    take walks
    play board games, video games, arcade games, card games
    read a book
    bowling
    shooting pool
    go to movies
    play mini golf
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Walking, hiking, bike riding, shopping! I just try to always be doing something active so that I don't think about food.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    rock climbing
    dancing
    take walks
    read a book
    bowling
    shooting pool
    go to movies
    play mini golf

You, me, and Yoovie need to hang out some weekend lol.

Strictly friendly of course!
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    think of food as fuel, not a drug. you can still make amazing meals that are high in nutritional value. chicken marsala, chicken tikka masala (indian) steak...
  • nataliefamily3
    Options
    Bump
  • TheNewo
    TheNewo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Alcohol?

:laugh: yes!!!! :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    rock climbing
    dancing
    take walks
    read a book
    bowling
    shooting pool
    go to movies
    play mini golf

You, me, and Yoovie need to hang out some weekend lol.

Strictly friendly of course!

im down!
  • Danielle_2013
    Danielle_2013 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I hear you! My husband and I used to love to cook, eat out and watch the Food Network. Now I avoid all of that like the plague (including the posts on MFP where people describe and drool about the foods they used to eat or want to eat). I really had to get it through my head "Food is fuel". That's it. Not fun, comfort, a cure for bordeom, my best friend etc.. For me I find that although the idea of moderation and still finding fun in healthy food is great for others - but not for me right now. I think my issues with food are pretty big though - so it is easier to take this approach.

I started using a mat and weights when watching tv, as it kept me out of the kitchen.
    I made a big music play list and started walking my dog more
    I got into gardening and have my own plot at a community garden where I (attempt to) grow vegetables and flowers
    I listen to inspirational TEDtalks
    I go out for green tea with girlfriends instead of dessert or dinner
    I powerwashed the deck and took a load of stuff to the dump (the jobs my husband would do but didn't do fast enough for me!)
    I try on clothing that I never used to be able to fit into (I don't buy that much but it is fun to try!)