So hungry!!

Options
I just started cutting back what I eat by nearly half. I was an tennis player my whole life but due to an injury I can't even walk with out pain, that combined with stress and eating my feelings led to me gaining 70 lbs in a year. I am now trying to get back to my original size in time for my wedding, however I feel as though I am constantly hungry. I am eating the appropriate amount of calories however I am starving ALL the time! Is this normal? Does the constant hunger stop eventually?

Does anyone know of some low calorie foods that fill you up and keep you full?

Replies

• persian_dancer
    Options
    yea it will eventually stop when your body know's it can survive with less food. Just be patient with yourself and if you just feel like absolute crap give yourself a piece of bread or something to balance the emotions out. :drinker:
  • doubleloop23
    Options
    I was hungry in the beginning- and that was like a week ago... It stopped for me and now I'm finding it hard to eat 1200 calories a day:happy: ... eating more protein helped for me. Chicken really fills me up. I have a lot of fruits and veggies too because you can eat a lot of them and there aren't many calories there. Try having one of those fiber and omega 3 granola bars by quaker- they taste great and are actually really filling too. If you like sweet potatoes you could bake one and have it with your lunch or dinner with cinnamon- those are really filling and they're only 105 calories I believe... hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • dunhammj
    dunhammj Posts: 16
    Options
    The hunger was bad for me at first. It has subsided, or maybe it is just more tolerable. Either way, it is a short term thing. You just need to ride it out.

Protein helps make you more full and for longer. Eat meat, it is not too high in calories either. Also, it is BBQ season so no troubles there.
  • kimroesler
    Options
    I'm in my second week and i am having a hard time eating all 1200 too now and it was REALLY hard that first week to keep under 1500, so it will start to get easier--i find that i am still a little hungry after a correctly-portioned meal but i know that it comes from years of over-eating. i keep my meals well balanced with all the food group which helps alot i think, i also like to eat a piece of Sara Lee 45 & delightful toast(only 45 calories per slice) and some i can't believe it's not butter spray...(which i absolutely love!) i find that it keeps me going from meal to meal and the whole snack is only 45 calories!! a 100 calorie Yoplait Yogurt is a good one toop--lus the Lemon Meringue Pie tastes really good so i get my dessert craving kicked as well as my hunger!! hope this helps!
  • moonmanmullin
    Options
    Choose foods high in fiber alot of fruits are low in calories and high in fiber. Apples and banans are my two favorites and there are more if you do a search on the net for just what you want. Type in Low calorie, high fiber snacks or foods and there are several good websites that will give you good lists. I hope this helps.
    The Moonmanmullin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,922 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

If you have a lot of weight to lose, the chances are that your body doesn't really know what hunger is all about. be sure that the food you eat is nutrition dense so your body is getting a lot of nutrition for the calories you consume. Eat at regular times and get used to the feeling of being hungry for awhile before it is mealtime.

take this one day at a time and you will see changes in many ways as you go along the journey. It will get better as your body adjusts to being treated better.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: