BMR/TDEE calculation help?

Options
AmyLRed
AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
I am reworking my cal intake and increasing calories effective today. My BMR is between 1340-1440, and i should be eating anywhere from 1600-2300 cals a day, depending on my activity level (but not eating exercise cals back) according to http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/

My plan is to increase my cals to 1700, with my goal being to eat between 1300 and 1700 each day and only occasionally eat back my extra exercise cals if i feel i need a boost. Anyone with experience think i am on or off track with this plan?

I am 32, 5'1, current weight 147-150lbs, goal 125 or so (maybe 120)
I workout hard 3x per week, sometimes a couple of light workouts thrown in on off days.

I am just hoping for some verification from all of you fabulous ones who know your stuff. MFP tells me that with a calorie goal of 1700 i will GAIN .1lbs per week. I am trying hard to ignore that! :) (My MFP settings say i am sedentary, so perhaps i should change that?)

Thanks!

Edited to add: 3weeks ago my instructor of my fitness classes calculated my BF% as 32.5

Replies

• AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    interestingly, i changed my settings to lightly active and put my calorie goal at 1800, and MFP now says my weight loss is 0.0, so i guess that is sort of right on, if i am eating at maintenance, then not eating back my exercise calories.

I'm going to give it a go for a few weeks and see what my results are! :)