30 day shred

Options

Replies

• lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done Jillian Michaels 30 day shred?
    If so, did you like it? How quick before you saw results?

I think I need a new workout video and was kinda looking online and heard good things about that one and was just wondering!

Thanks!

There is a group that started last Monday that is a 30 day challenge with JM. You should join. Its a great workout.
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    Y'all, I'm so frustrated. Prior to 30DS I was doing JM's kettle bell / Shred it With Weights dvd. I also would incorportate cardio via the treadmill and or bike.

I haven't lost any weight since last November although I have gone down a clothing size since then.

I see you all talking about weight you've lost with the 30DS.

My calories are 1200 per day and I workout every day. I have actually GAINED 5 lbs since doing her dvd's. It's freaking me out. My doc and everyone else says it's probably muscle. BUT seeing you all losing doesn't help with that diagnosis.

I keep working out despite my frustrations, but gosh it's getting harder and harder to stay positive. :/
  • RaysFan80
    RaysFan80 Posts: 27
    Options
    I just started it yesterday, and I'm sore in places I didn't know I had muscles. She really works you out in a short amount of time.
  • jolenemp
    jolenemp Posts: 12
    Options
    I liked it and I need to get back at it! I will be starting it (again) on May 1! :)
  • ronde
    ronde Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love the quick intensity of it. I'm on day 4 and the scales haven't moved but I notice a difference in my body. I get bored if a video is too long and then I start thinking of all the things that I need to get done, so I do every excercise as hard as my body will allow, its great overall body workout, then I do a mile on the tread as fast as I can and push myself for a faster time each day.

My question tho is it better to do the mile on the tread before the 30 day shred workout....or does it matter? I do interval run/jog so I get my heart rate going.
  • Kay901
    Kay901 Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks all!

After reading everyone responses I will be headed out to buy the video today!

I've lost 20 pounds this far and need to get into a dress in 5 weeks for my sisters graduation! I'm hoping this goes back to motivating me!

Thanks everyone!

Kay
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Y'all, I'm so frustrated. Prior to 30DS I was doing JM's kettle bell / Shred it With Weights dvd. I also would incorportate cardio via the treadmill and or bike.

I haven't lost any weight since last November although I have gone down a clothing size since then.

My calories are 1200 per day and I workout every day. I have actually GAINED 5 lbs since doing her dvd's. It's freaking me out. My doc and everyone else says it's probably muscle. BUT seeing you all losing doesn't help with that diagnosis.

I keep working out despite my frustrations, but gosh it's getting harder and harder to stay positive. :/

How much weight do you have to lose? Are you eating enough? 1200 is too low for most people.
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 level one, didn't measure before I began but I'm one belt notch over and can tell a difference in my clothes already. I love that it's only 20took minutes because I am very busy and the time rafter has always been an excuse. Highly recommend it.
  • nichole325
    nichole325 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I did 30DS in March. I noticed results after 1 week, no kidding, and I have a lot of layers to shred off! After the 30 days, I lost 5 inches all over! :)

You won't regret the workout. I know some people are annoyed by Jillian Michaels, but I don't really mind her much.

did you do it with no break days? I am on Level 2 Day 6 but I've take one or two days off every level.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I started this a while back. I did it for two or three days and literally could barely move after it so I could not continue for the next few days. By the time my body wasn't screaming in pain, I lost my motivation. It works, but it's hard!
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I lost 11inches total and 6lbs, my pics are on my profile. I loved it!
  • NICOLED73
    Options

How much weight do you have to lose? Are you eating enough? 1200 is too low for most people.

I have @ 30lbs more to lose. I've lost 50 in the last year, mostly due to Atkins/low carbs. I had my calories set at 1520 but I wasn't losing there either. I just decreased to 1200 @ a week ago.
    I was 196 lbs in November. I'm currently fluctuating between 203 and 205. I'm 5'8".
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I start level 2 tomorrow (I just finished day 10) and I've lost 3 pounds, so far.
  • PinkKitty724
    PinkKitty724 Posts: 179 Member
    Options

MFP told me to eat 1200 calories too. But, when you workout- remember to eat more calories. I have also not lost any weight since I started my plan and it is indeed frustrating. My hubby has lost 4 pounds already. It is probably due to muscle.. I have barely any so I've got to build some and well, muscle weighs more than fat!
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Those of you doing 30DS, are you incorportaing any other exercises in addition to this dvd?

I usually do 30DS and another one of her workouts (or another short workout)
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    have @ 30lbs more to lose. I've lost 50 in the last year, mostly due to Atkins/low carbs. I had my calories set at 1520 but I wasn't losing there either. I just decreased to 1200 @ a week ago.
    I was 196 lbs in November. I'm currently fluctuating between 203 and 205. I'm 5'8".

Figure out your BMR and TDEE. Eat 15 - 20% below your TDEE, making sure that you do not eat below your BMR.
  • NICOLED73
    Options
    At 1200 calories, I have to eat back my exercise cals! 1200 is not easy to stick by.
    I dont' even know what TDEE is.
  • Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I really love 30ds. Jillian is really annoying but I mute the tv and listen to music instead. The workout is intense but it is short and broken up pretty well. I also go to the gym in a addition to this work out though.
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm on Level 1, Day 6 and I can already tell I've lost inches! I'm trying to stay away from the scale until Level 1 is over. I can also tell a huge difference in my endurance! It gives me so much energy during the day now, I've started adding extra cardio during the day too.
  • JAWSmith
    JAWSmith Posts: 3
    Options
    I just finished Day 1 Level1 of the maniacal trainer. I tried it several years ago but moved on to jogging since it was spring and i had to get out. I didn't give it a fair trial. I know i will be sore tomorrow, but it didn't feel as bad as it did the last time I tried to keep up with the beginner. Hope i can stick with it this time. has anyone done it for 30 consecutive days?